Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

This car is draining my bank account!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 AM
VIPNiSS is on a distinguished road
haha yeh it costs to play... I need to get it into my head that i am driving a Porsche and not a honda or something lol

Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
aaron9918 is on a distinguished road
Ive spent 1k already in four days

Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Been driving my 05 CTT for 6 months. Took the car to the dealer to get an oil leak checked. Dealer did a Porsche thorough routine inspection check. From smallest issues to biggest problems. To fix all of the problems they found it will cost me $7600. That is just ridiculous! For examples, brakes, rotors, vacuum lines, O-rings, gasket, and etc need to replace. Most of those problems I can fix myself. My extended warranty doesnt cover the $7600. At the same time its fun. I would go off from the dealer's list every weekend what I need to work on. If a job I can't do than my Indy I will take to.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Wait? You spent roughly 2% of the cars original purchase price on normal basic maintenance stuff and you think it's expensive? Especially when you probably paid about 20% of the original price to begins with.

The real expense is the guy that bought it new and lost $80k in depreciation.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cole
Wait? You spent roughly 2% of the cars original purchase price on normal basic maintenance stuff and you think it's expensive? Especially when you probably paid about 20% of the original price to begins with.

The real expense is the guy that bought it new and lost $80k in depreciation.
qft

Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 PM
well I pretty much just finished up my preventive maintanence today and glad I did it.. I did the T plastic pipes in the back of the engine by the firewall and also did the other t pipe for the turbos.. I did it as preventive maint. cause my water pump appeared to be leaking. I had the intake manifold off anyways to inspect the coolant pipes. It definitely was a PITA and my friend actually helped out alot and did most of it cause he has small hands. Here is my T pipe with about 65k miles.. looked like it was starting to leak.

here is the tool that helped a lot..

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
unterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really niceunterdruck is just really nice
Please share the info on the tool and source. That is just a fantastic design. It may take two people to operate but saves so much time in the end.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by unterdruck
Please share the info on the tool and source. That is just a fantastic design. It may take two people to operate but saves so much time in the end.
Amazon Amazon

here ya go!! helped a TON!! also a remote camera helps.. i was using one i borrowed from a friend made by Snap On.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:31 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
It is an absolute MUST to purchase an extended warranty on a Porsche. TRUST me, it WILL pay for itself quickly. Mine has been paid over at least three times now. You don't like it, go buy a Honda.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I disagree with the "must buy a warranty" thinking. I've owned my CTT for several years and replaced the normal things that go wrong with them over the last 50k miles and it has cost substantially less than these aftermarket warranties do.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
same here, mine has 111k on it and over three years ive spent maybe 500 bucks on it including oil, brake pads, wiper blades, and a ride height rebuild kit. normal stuff.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:48 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
how come the trunk structs are over $300? that's pretty steep for parts.

all these repairs and maintenance do add up. this is why buying a car with solid maintenance history makes it easier on the wallet.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
true^

Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive

I just replaced mine at 105k miles and 8 years old for $140 for both.

They were more money than my other cars but they have ALL needed hatch struts or hood struts at some point. ( and most the other cars don't hold up as much hatch weight.)

This is one of those examples of "not a Porsche specific issue". Also not a design issue. It's jast age and use of a part. I happens, to ALL cars.

I would bet that they are all about this price for equal year cars that have to hold up similarly weight hatches.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive

all these repairs and maintenance do add up. this is why buying a car with solid maintenance history makes it easier on the wallet.
$140 or less if you look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This car is draining my bank account!