Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Retro fit the secondary cat - one step backward ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 02:54 AM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
Retro fit the secondary cat - one step backward ?

I have been running Kreissieg (aka KSG, no idea if they are sold in US) secondary bypass pipe with aftermarket rear exhaust since March 2011. Now I decide to put 2nd cat back. Too bad my factory cat was missing, otherwise I can save few hundred bucks.

The reason of dissipating my money is:
1. When bypass valve is opened, the exhaust is too loud. I had to keep the valve closed on my way to office and home. I am talking about traffic peak time (13kilometers takes me 30-45mins). if I accelerate in the car park, I don't mean to scaring people of course, there is a possibility, i'd say "80 percent", the other cars' alarm will start barking. My passenger will look at me with the "WTF" face
2. The resonance. The resonance is definitely caused by the exhaust system. The effect is not only direct comes into my ears. It also cause the interior parts in my car. like panels, door trims, door handle... A/C venting plastic starting to squeezing. My car is 08 built. I know some parts are getting aged, the resonance will just make it even worse.
3. Losing low-end power. I believe the straight bypass pipe will improve throttle response and increase high-end power. The ctt is my DD. I don't want to lose low-end torque in city area. In China, traffic is very bad. I can't always do "GT2 style" driving. I prefer have starting power rather than high-end speed.

My solution is Supersprint sport cat.
http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-3...80BA_2010.aspx
They have two types on the website. "Metallic cat L" and "Metallic cat R". I assume those means "street Legal version" and "Race version". Costs are the same. I hope those are "200 cel high-flow cat" we usually heard. Any idea which type I should pick up?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by loveivs
My solution is Supersprint sport cat.
http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-3...80BA_2010.aspx
They have two types on the website. "Metallic cat L" and "Metallic cat R". I assume those means "street Legal version" and "Race version". Costs are the same. I hope those are "200 cel high-flow cat" we usually heard. Any idea which type I should pick up?
Supersprint makes good, but expensive products. I think you misunderstood their website. "Metallic cat L" means "left" or "driver's side" and "Metallic cat R" means "right" or "passenger" side. So those prices are per side - ouch. You can see in the images that the tubes are bent slightly differently, which is the case when you replace them- they do not have the same bends due to the transfer case placement under the truck.

Supersprint "race" products will say the full word "racing". Like these race mufflers I have:

http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-c..._l_racing.aspx

Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Supersprint makes good, but expensive products. I think you misunderstood their website. "Metallic cat L" means "left" or "driver's side" and "Metallic cat R" means "right" or "passenger" side. So those prices are per side - ouch. You can see in the images that the tubes are bent slightly differently, which is the case when you replace them- they do not have the same bends due to the transfer case placement under the truck.

Supersprint "race" products will say the full word "racing". Like these race mufflers I have:

http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-c..._l_racing.aspx
OMFG, you are right. L and R stands for left and right. Two pipe cost more than 2500USD. I paid 5xxxUSD for the back-box. which means a lot more than just getting two SS pipes..

Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
This http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-c..._l_racing.aspx looks a lot like the magnaflow set up some are using. Much different price than magnaflows.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Cats cost more than most people realize due to the rare metal included - even so, these are expensive. Why don't you contact Rob from Leistung Motorsports and tell him that Kent sent you? He will take good care of you - just tell him what you need - like 200 cell cat bypasses. Very reasonably priced and nice guy. Here is his site: http://www.leistungmotorsports.com/

Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by mtnrat
This http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-c..._l_racing.aspx looks a lot like the magnaflow set up some are using. Much different price than magnaflows.
Yeah.. I actually have these mufflers after getting a great price secondhand. I don't disagree that I could have probably had something similar for much cheaper. The quality is really good though and true 304SS construction. With Maganflow, I would be concerned I would get aluminized exhaust pipe or thinner gauge exhaust piping.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Cats cost more than most people realize due to the rare metal included - even so, these are expensive. Why don't you contact Rob from Leistung Motorsports and tell him that Kent sent you? He will take good care of you - just tell him what you need - like 200 cell cat bypasses. Very reasonably priced and nice guy. Here is his site: http://www.leistungmotorsports.com/
Thanks again my friend. You can't be more helpful !! I will contract Rob for 200 cell cats. Really appreciate.