Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CS Wheels and Tires....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
JD305 is on a distinguished road
CS Wheels and Tires....

Wanted to get some input as to how these wheels and new tires would look on my all silver 2008 CS ... replacing the current 18" wheels and trying to keep the same diameter so not to affect my CPO warranty.

Are these a good quality wheel combo and would everything fit without and spacers? TPMS sensors would be nice as well?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-SET-4-WHE...sories&vxp=mtr

and 275/40R20 and 9.5" wide

Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Like everything else... you get what you pay for. I would guess that these wheels are cast and that they are made in China. I suspect that they are quite heavy, and the finish is cheap - as you would expect in a cheap wheel.

Personally, I wouldn't buy these wheels. The Cayenne is a big, heavy vehicle and it puts lots of stress on the wheels and tires. I'm sure that there are people who have purchased them and they haven't had any issues. For me, it's not worth the risk.

If I were planning to buy aftermarket wheels, I'd go to a reputable wheel maker. I've heard good things about Victor Equipment Wheels, and they are made specifically for Porsches. They are inexpensive relative to premium aftermarket wheels like HRE.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I had my experiences with knock-off wheels back in the days...

I would never buy them again, couldn't handle a small pot holes and just couldn't hold the shape.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
JD305 is on a distinguished road
Thanks....just the feedback I wanted to get...I agree the Pig is a heavy beast...and it's probably best to go with good solid wheels.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Like everything else... you get what you pay for. I would guess that these wheels are cast and that they are made in China. I suspect that they are quite heavy, and the finish is cheap - as you would expect in a cheap wheel.

Personally, I wouldn't buy these wheels. The Cayenne is a big, heavy vehicle and it puts lots of stress on the wheels and tires. I'm sure that there are people who have purchased them and they haven't had any issues. For me, it's not worth the risk.

If I were planning to buy aftermarket wheels, I'd go to a reputable wheel maker. I've heard good things about Victor Equipment Wheels, and they are made specifically for Porsches. They are inexpensive relative to premium aftermarket wheels like HRE.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JD305
Thanks....just the feedback I wanted to get...I agree the Pig is a heavy beast...and it's probably best to go with good solid wheels.
Good luck with your purchase. Make sure to post pics once you buy some new wheels!

Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
As said, go with something that's built right and can support the weight of the Cayenne. If you are looking for an entry level forged wheel, our FMS lineup would do you good. You get a high quality wheel that will definitely look good on the car. PM if you need more info.