Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Keyless entry and drive options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM
dapopa9 is on a distinguished road
Keyless entry and drive options

I'm looking to buy a 04-06 Turbo with keyless drive option.

Is it possible that those could have the keyless entry feature without the keyless drive feature?

Many of the sellers I have talked to are about clueless of the options on their car. So I'm just trying to figure out an easy way to determine if it has the keyless drive feature.

I've had a couple sellers say it has keyless entry but the never heard of the keyless drive (dummy key) option. So maybe their CTT has it but they don't even know?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Adam5oh is on a distinguished road
As far as I know, there was just an option called Entry and Drive. A lot of people think that because they can unlock their car with the fob they have keyless entry so this could be where the confusion is coming from. If they have entry and drive, there will be a plastic key that stays in the ignition the whole time. The other telltale sign is the small black button on the door handles that you press to lock as you walk away.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:05 PM
dapopa9 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Adam5oh
The other telltale sign is the small black button on the door handles that you press to lock as you walk away.
Cool this helps! I know one that have inquired about definitely has this but the owner claimed it was only keyless entry. Guess the owner doesn't even know that he has that feature

Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Brit6 is on a distinguished road
It would be impossible to have the touchbutton on the doors and not have the keyless drive feature, they go hand in hand.

I think a lot of people don't realize or they lost their dummy key for the ignition. As stated above it should be left in the ignition at all times.

I have this feature as i mentioned before and I love it! (Note: It does have a few hickups than can be fixed pretty easily if broken)

Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Loutorious is on a distinguished road
Hope is ok to ask here and not start new thread. I have entry and drive, 2005 ctt, dummy key works 75% of the time, all 4 door handle buttons stopped working suddenly about 2 months ago. Anyone know if there is a diy fix or must bring to dealer. Thanks

Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Loutorious
Hope is ok to ask here and not start new thread. I have entry and drive, 2005 ctt, dummy key works 75% of the time, all 4 door handle buttons stopped working suddenly about 2 months ago. Anyone know if there is a diy fix or must bring to dealer. Thanks
You should probably open a new thread... it would be the polite thing to do and give you more visibility.

However, it sounds to me like you may need a new ignition switch (if you already replaced the remote battery).

Old 01-07-2018, 11:38 AM
tresean1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Brit6
It would be impossible to have the touchbutton on the doors and not have the keyless drive feature, they go hand in hand.

I think a lot of people don't realize or they lost their dummy key for the ignition. As stated above it should be left in the ignition at all times.

I have this feature as i mentioned before and I love it! (Note: It does have a few hickups than can be fixed pretty easily if broken)
Originally Posted by Loutorious
I am thinking of buying a Cayenne with the Entry and Drive option, but after reading these threads I am kind of concerned with its reliability. What are the DIY fixes that you guys are mentioning that can be done pretty inexpensively if something goes wrong?