Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lowering: links vs durametric/module lowering

Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
BamaScoot is on a distinguished road
Lowering: links vs durametric/module lowering

With the air suspension, what are the pros/cons of each?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:42 PM
dtxscott is on a distinguished road
This popped over on Rennlist recently. Here's my response copied/pasted here.

I've done the Durametric lowering method. I dropped the truck about two inches.

It really depends on the year model as Durametric can be finicky with certain years.

There is a good thread here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...etric-diy.html

If you are looking for the super-slammed low look, then the links are your most cost-effective method.

You will have to get an alignment if you plan on using your tires for an extended period of time.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Yeah I've read through that whole thread. Seems to be the consensus is to go no lower than 25mm or the ride suffers badly. That's about 1 inch. I haven't seen much about lowering links in terms of how low they go or how the ride suffers. Looking to go low but don't want to be bouncing around like a ghetto box on cut springs.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:52 PM
I bought my GTS from a friend who lowered it about 3" using links. It rode like crap. I re-set the links to their highest position and it is now about 0.5" lower than stock. It rides well and looks good.

I suggest you try the Durmetric route. I think you can drop it about 2" with the software route. If you like it, great. If not, you can invest in the links.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Would lowering with the links 1" and the durametric 1" compromise the ride the same amount as would lowering 2" with just one of them? Haven't taken delivery of the car so haven't had time to inspect the hardware inside the wheel well.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Yes, the method of lowering the car is not relevant. The car will ride the same when it is lowered 2" by whatever method is used.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
I have the TechArt lowering module, got it second-hand from another Cayenne owner. It did the job in a matter of minutes, very simple install.

I also have a Durametric and used it to lower my GTS another 10mm. In "Low" height and "Sport" suspension mode the truck is comfortable. I tried lowering it all around by 25mm and it made the ride too harsh, so that's why I backed it out to 10mm.

YMMV. The Durametric will let you lower it a little, but use of the modules is just as easy and I'm pretty sure they are programmed to handle the ride quality issues when lowering.

Plus, the TechArt module has a very cool feature that lowers the vehicle to "loading level" when the alarm is armed. Very cool.

-Richie