6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955/957 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-13/)
-   -   Maintenance for my Cayenne 06 with almost 100K (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957/351581-maintenance-my-cayenne-06-almost-100k.html)

elite1 11-13-2014 12:06 AM

Maintenance for my Cayenne 06 with almost 100K

-Air filters
-Oil change
-Cabin filter change
-Spark Plug change
-LED interior upgrade
-Serpentine belt change
-Brake fluid change
-Wiper change (Front and Rear)
- Top off the wiper fluid with Deicing fluid.

+Reinstall Ski Racks!

I'm on the border of the Transmission fluid change. I've heard both sides of the story, good and bad from completing this task.

Need to replace the rear shocks for the rear hatch. This seems difficult. I may attempt this later on. Hatch currently doesn't stay open with ice on it.

Am I missing anything not mentioned?

dugahole55 11-13-2014 07:49 AM

Differentals and transfer case
New Battery

elite1 11-13-2014 09:11 AM

Was thinking of a new battery as I don't know when mine was last replaced.

I'll take a look to see if there is a DIY on the differential and transfer case. Seems like it may be a summer project.

mshimon 11-13-2014 11:22 AM

Check the owners manual about the de-icing fluid for the windshield. I believe the headlights require a non-deice washer fluid.

dugahole55 11-13-2014 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by elite1 (Post 4235100)
Was thinking of a new battery as I don't know when mine was last replaced.

I'll take a look to see if there is a DIY on the differential and transfer case. Seems like it may be a summer project.

I've have a 06 TTS, with 72,000 miles, purchased a couple of years ago from original owner. He had basically had the oil services done, so I went though pretty much what you are doing. I had an independant shop do plugs, filters, battery, front brakes, flush transmission. I've completed rear brakes, diff / trans oil change, and one oil service myself. The vehicle was used prior and currently only part time and for highway travel, so is in really good shape mechanically and body. Good luck and enjoy, if you are handy some of the projects are straight forward...just costly for parts. ECS Tuning has a great sellection of alternatives and OEM.

elite1 11-15-2014 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I finished the following today,

Oil change / filter
Air filters
Spark plugs
Serpentine belt change
Brake fluid change / (Had lots of air and was very dark.)
LED interior change
Wiper change Front / Rear

Need wiper fluid / Thinking new battery.

How does one know when the battery is about to fail?

dugahole55 11-16-2014 10:23 AM

Put a tester on it or if you notice weak starts, and dimming of lights. Check the install date anything more than 5 years is beyond typical life. Lots of DIYs for getting at battery.

elite1 01-04-2015 10:18 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...8b5a662c97.jpg

Originally Posted by dugahole55 (Post 4237057)
Put a tester on it or if you notice weak starts, and dimming of lights. Check the install date anything more than 5 years is beyond typical life. Lots of DIYs for getting at battery.

BTW, a month after you posted this, my battery went "dead."

Replaced it with a battery from "battery plus." This Battery happened to be shorter in size. It still worked though.

dugahole55 01-05-2015 10:14 PM

Hope everything else goes well for you from now on. There is great video on Rennlist to replace battery. But looks like you've pretty much have access figured out, good job.
Thanks for the update. I'm going to do cooling pipes this spring on my TTS, parts on order currently.

elite1 01-05-2015 11:48 PM

Congrates on your attempt.

Would love to hear your report on this after completion. I had my dealer take care of this for me as they created this issue for myself. They replaced the water pump after I noticed vibration in the center console, Regardless to what I said "Cardian shaft" they replaced the water pump inducing more coolant pressure causing my pipe failure.

If you haven't had this replacement and your at the 100K point, your about too late to the party. Grab your checkbook!

Not bad for me, a $6K visit to the dealer.

Btw, ECS has put together a nice kit, I would have chose this if I replaced this myself.

TurboSOnly 01-06-2015 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by elite1 (Post 4267867)
Congrates on your attempt.

Would love to hear your report on this after completion. I had my dealer take care of this for me as they created this issue for myself. They replaced the water pump after I noticed vibration in the center console, Regardless to what I said "Cardian shaft" they replaced the water pump inducing more coolant pressure causing my pipe failure.

If you haven't had this replacement and your at the 100K point, your about too late to the party. Grab your checkbook!

Not bad for me, a $6K visit to the dealer.

Btw, ECS has put together a nice kit, I would have chose this if I replaced this myself.

I'm at 92K and just had the steering column reprogrammed for 500.00, Both valve cover gaskets replaced, 750.00, and an oil change, 250.00, Had an emissions code and replaced some hoses, 375.00. Had the car for like 3 months. Hoping for not a lot more pain. Love to drive the car so still worth it. Having secondary cats bypass installed this week. That's voluntary pain. I have been wondering about preventative fluid changes like coolant and transmission, differential, etc... Mechanics said the plugs looked great while they were doing the valve cover gaskets.

dugahole55 01-07-2015 08:09 AM

Will do...I'm getting the ECS replacement kit, was going to get dealer to do the replacement but after reading up on all the posts decided to do it myself.

cordsig79 01-12-2015 09:00 AM

I would flush your coolant and refresh, very important to keep it fresh and clean IMHO.