Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Vorsteiner Flow Forged Wheels - 21" Special Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:05 PM
NC 996TT will become famous soon enoughNC 996TT will become famous soon enough
Cayenne Vorsteiner Flow Forged Wheels - 21" Special Order

I've been communicating with a Vorsteiner authorized dealer regarding availability of 21" wheels of their recently announced Flow Forged wheels. They currently offer ONLY 22" wheels for the Cayenne unless you order a custom forged wheel which costs over double the cost of the Flow Forged wheel and they look identical. The cost for the Flow Forged wheel is $3000 a set (includes free shipping) and is available in one of three standard powder coat colors - mercury silver, carbon graphite, or mystic black. IF you want a custom powder coat, the wheels can be stripped and re-powder coated for an additional $400 for the set, which brings the total to $3400 for any custom powder coat you want, otherwise the cost is $3000 for the three standard colors.

Technically, this is NOT a group buy, Vorsteiner has strict discounting policies, but IF you are interested in ordering a 21" set of flow forged wheels, please send me a PM. We need (20) people (with 50% deposit) to
SupremePower to place the custom order - delivery time is 60 days after the custom order is placed.

Here's a link to the Vorsteiner Cayenne Flow Forged Wheel recently announced:
http://www.supremepower.com/10122gm9...8-cayenne.html

FYI - I've gotten quotes for HRE, ADV1, Vorsteiner, Forgeline - you will pay at least twice this price for a custom set of forged wheels. Please PM me if you are interested in this custom order for 21" Cayenne fitment. Please specify color choice, your name, and email address.
Thanks - hopefully we can generate enough interest to place the order.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:27 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
How are the flow forge ones different from the forged ones? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a set of forged ones from Vorsteiner.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:50 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Great deal. I just ordered a forged wheel from Modulare. Almost twice the price.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:37 AM
NC 996TT will become famous soon enoughNC 996TT will become famous soon enough
Forged vs. Flow Forged

I'm not the sales guy here, just a customer seeing if there is enough interest to place a custom order, howerver - here's the link to the Vorsteiner Web site that explains their Flow Forged Wheel.
http://www.vorsteinerwheels.com/flow-forged-wheels/

Here's a write-up on wheel manufacturing processes as well:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90

OBVIOUSLY, flow forging must have a lower manufacturing cost than forged or wheel companies such as HRE, Vorsteiner, BBS, etc. could not offer a product at ~1/2 the cost of a forged wheel, but the strength is NOT supposed to be compromised from flow forging.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:25 AM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NC 996TT
I'm not the sales guy here, just a customer seeing if there is enough interest to place a custom order, howerver - here's the link to the Vorsteiner Web site that explains their Flow Forged Wheel. http://www.vorsteinerwheels.com/flow-forged-wheels/ Here's a write-up on wheel manufacturing processes as well: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90 OBVIOUSLY, flow forging must have a lower manufacturing cost than forged or wheel companies such as HRE, Vorsteiner, BBS, etc. could not offer a product at ~1/2 the cost of a forged wheel, but the strength is NOT supposed to be compromised from flow forging.
I was only asking since it seemed you had done a fair amount of research already. :-)

I wonder if there is a significant weight difference to the wheels manufactured by the 2 different process.