Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne dead AGAIN :( HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:37 AM
GLENNPOWER is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayenne dead AGAIN :( HELP!

I have a 2008 cayenne s with 70000 on the clock. the steering column lock was replaced after the ignition not working and engine not starting or even cranking.

everything was great for a week after that but now the same thing happens. nothing from the electrics at all apart from the ambient light for the cluster coming on.

if i disconnect the battery (at the ground point under the small trim in front of the driver's seat) for 30 seconds and then reconnect everything is fine for a few starts but then it will happen again.(i had been doing this previously until i could afford the repair) Scanner shows "steering column lock" as the fault (no other faults detected anywhere) just as it did before when it was subsequently changed.

do i have a problem with the ignition or immobiliser or has anyone experienced this before?

thanks in advance............

Old 01-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
When you disconnect the bat does it take "5" starts to come back?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:54 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
That happened to me twice several years ago. Not sure what caused it, but turning my key to the LEFT first then all the way to the RIGHT made it go away.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
When you disconnect the bat does it take "5" starts to come back?
This was a serious question.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.