Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

102K Miles. Cardan Deive Shaft Support Failure

Old 06-07-2017, 08:09 AM
sup44 is on a distinguished road
102K Miles. Cardan Deive Shaft Support Failure

Had to install a rebuilt drive line (Cardan Shaft) this past Friday.. What a pain in the A$$...

All done and runs smooth now and only spent $375 for the rebuilt shaft from Colorado Drive Shafts. Great service and product.

Biggest pain was taking it off.. took 5+ hrs to get it off and 1 hr to get it back on. the coupler is fitted about 1/4" in to the rear diff.. it was rusted.. for the life of me , I couldnt get that thing off.... Colorado drive shaft staff recommended I re attached the front to the flex disc and center mount and leave the rear diff unbolted.. then put car in D then R to try and break the bond to the diff... that did not work... So sat and thought about it for a while. after a beer or two and some deep thought..... light bulb... I ended up keeping it attached up front (loosely) and detached in rear with the center support still bolted.. lifted the front wheels, then blocking off the rear wheels... put her in R and gave it a little gas. front wheels turned, rears didnt.... POP!!!! finally got it loose from the rear Diff..

Posting here in case any other poor sole encounters this problem.. Hope it helps someone...

Attached Images    

Last edited by sup44; 06-07-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:33 AM
sup44 is on a distinguished road
admins.. please change subject typo to DRIVE not Deive.. thanks...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.