Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Explanation of function - AC temperature control servos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:13 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Explanation of function - AC temperature control servos

Can anyone go over this and help me understand:
- what each of these does (part function)
- what area of car it affects
- in few cases how it differs from part that is listed under same part number (list number as opposed to mfg pn).

Trying to understand each of these exactly without guessing. Really appreciate it.

FRONT (4-zone parts) - Diagram located Here:
1. 95562490101 Electric Motor Defroster Flap

2. 95562490501 Electric Motor Air Exhaust Lateral Left

3. 95562490201 Electric Motor Air Exhaust Centre Left

4. 95562490701 Electric Motor Temperature Mixing Flap Left

5. 95562490601 Electric Motor Footwell Flap Left

6. 95562490801 Electric Motor Temperature Mixing Flap Right

7. 95562490901 Electric Motor Footwell Flap Right

8. 95562491501 Electric Motor Fresh-Air Intake System

9. 95562491301 Electric Motor Air Exhaust Lateral Right

10. 95562491201 Electric Motor Air Exhaust Centre Right

REAR (4-zone parts) - Diagram located Here:
11. 95557208301 Electric Motor (DRIVER SIDE)

12. 95557208401 Electric Motor Temperature Valve (PASSENGER SIDE)

13. 95557208501 Electric Motor (DRIVER SIDE)

14. 95557208503 Electric Motor Air Distributor (PASSENGER SIDE)

Last edited by ciaka; 08-11-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:37 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The difference in the PN may be because different motors used on the HVAC have different travel ranges. Some only move 30 degrees, some 120 degrees. That's determined by the stops built into the motor where the shaft and bell-crank come out.

As far as functions - it seems rather self explanatory.

#1 controlled the defroster vent - it opens/closes to allow air to the defroster vent or not.
#2 Far let vent control
#3 control the airflow for the left center vent
#4 controls the temperature for the left side of the front system - it mixes hot and cold air to give a desired temperature.
#5 controls airflow to the left footwell.
#6 Temperature for the right side of the front system
#7 controls airflow to the right footwell
#8 is the flap that lets fresh air (outside air) into the system - this controls it
#9 far right side vent control
#10 Right side center vent control

I think you have the Rear ones mixed up a bit.

There are two motors controlling airflow to the left and right sides (volume of air)
There is one motor that controls the temperature mixing flap
And there appears to be one motor that controls the vents (upper or footwell) airflow distribution.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:27 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I will double check. Got these from the service manual. Noticed some numbers are for mechanical controls (i assume default/standart ac). others are for the 4zone controls.

Those vents that do not control temp mixing, do their motors control amount of air getting through? For example, if I set my ac to 2 bars only, is the function of these motors to limit air flow?

If so, then those motors would be just as important to replace as the temp mixing ones, since less air getting through would also affect the ac.
Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I think you have the Rear ones mixed up a bit.

There are two motors controlling airflow to the left and right sides (volume of air)
There is one motor that controls the temperature mixing flap
And there appears to be one motor that controls the vents (upper or footwell) airflow distribution.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:18 PM
andrewjt19 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been experiencing issues with my heating and cooling system. The driver side temp control works as intended but the passenger side only blows cold air regardless of the temp settings. Also the rear driver vent is barely blowing any air... Of course the passenger side rear vent only blows the cold air like the pass. front vents but the force of it is stronger than the driver rear side. I'm reading that it is a blender door, flap, servo and found that it may be this part: 95562490801 Electric Motor Temperature Mixing Flap Right... My question is how could I change this? Other who have had the same problem said that code 2101 on the Durametric reader points to this, vaguely. Also I think my is just 2 zone climate control system, if that means that the rear is controlled by the front settings alone.

2004 Cayenne Turbo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.