Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Sound system help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 12:21 AM
wrighty208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayenne Sound system help

Hi,

Looking for some help here. I recently bought a 2004 Cayenne Turbo (with Bose sound system).

The factory radio had been replaced with a Pioneer AVH-3300BT.

I noticed a lack of bass and when listening in the boot there is no sound coming from the sub at all however the speakers in doors work fine (I removed a rear door panel and it has factory Bose speaker inside).

Any ideas what the previous owner did when fitting the new head unit? I assume they disconnected the amp to bypass the optical system but how are the speakers working?

thanks in advance for any help...

D

Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I would be willing to bet they bypassed the factory system. Or the amp for the sub has gone out.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:17 AM
in the factory Bose system, are the speakers amped as well as the sub?

Trying to understand how the system works by default.

Cheers

Old 08-23-2017, 05:21 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
https://www.justanswer.com/car/26e8m...nne-radio.html

This might help you. A wire diagram of the bose system. Check and see if you getting power to the sub.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

In the meantime, I pulled out the pioneer stereo to try to work out what is going on. There are many speaker cables in there so I assume he amp was bypassed, however there is an rca cable connected to the sub out which surprises me. I disconnected the cable and there is no change. I then went into the boot side panel (I believe this is the Bose amp?) and notice the fan is not running so perhaps no power to it?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 AM
Ok, spent sometime trying to understand the wiring diagram but think I got there in the end. It seems the Bose amp has been bypassed completely and is not in use. I also noticed that the centre speaker, front door woofers and rear pillar speakers are not connected due to bypassing the amp.

Pulled the connector in the rear of the sub and checked all cables (perm 12v, switched 12v, ground all fine and buzzed the 2 audio cables back to the RCA in the back of the head unit - all good). This leaves me pretty confident I have an issue with the sub amp or sub speaker itself (I suspect the amp).

Appeciate any feedback - I'm thinking I need to find a replacement amp but also interested if there are any better after market solutions which fit and sound good.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.