Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Air or no air?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 03:08 AM
RSrocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Air or no air?

Hello everyone,
I'm new to 6speedOL and I'm looking into purchasing a Gen 1 CS (pre facelift). I want to lift it, play in the dirt, sand, and tow. But most of all I just want to be able to drive it every day regardless of road conditions. From what I've read is that I can not "lock in" the ride hight (i.e. highest) as an overall height that I have no intension of changing. Is that true? If so, I have yet to find a "traditional" lift kit for a Cayenne. Is there such a thing out there? I could always custom build something but I don't want to break the bank.

I don't want to do a 4runner or a Jeep thing just because it's to easy and you see them everywhere, I want something different.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:57 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road

Something like this ?

Find a CS without air suspension and you could probably fit a "traditional" lift kit, I think this one was done with Arctic Truck components

Old 11-25-2017, 07:00 PM
Thanks DLF. That's exactly the look / height I'm looking for. I tried looking at Arctic Trucks but couldn't find to much on "parts" mostly "builds" I'll keep searching on for a "traditional" lift kit before I decide on pulling the trigger on a CS.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:38 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
And as for the stock system, no you can't leave it in the highest setting and drive. Well you can but the car will automatically adjust down fro "terrain" to "normal" level at 60mph and "low" setting at something like 130mph. I'm not sure if it will adjust down from "special terrain" at a speed lower than 60mph but I suspect it might.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:17 AM
So, from the highest setting it "will" adjust down according to speed. With larger tires / wheels there is a possibility of rubbing at higher speeds over rough terrain, good to know. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.