Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Buying 2004 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 04:45 PM
zkee89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying 2004 Cayenne S

Hello all,

I am finally breaking away from my BMW 335i as I need more room and want something else to toy with. I have found a 2004 Cayenne S with about 150k miles on it close to me, very clean in and out, clean title. It does have one light on for the air suspension and I have read that a rebuilt could be done and most parts seem to be pretty cheap nowadays for the air suspension. I know the suspension travels through all modes, just has a light that has been staying on. Other than that, no lights, runs great.

What else should I really be looking for that will hurt the pocket down the road?
Also, this model did not come with bluetooth for phones I assume.. What is the best way to get audio from phone calls and music through the stereo?

Thanks for any and all information!

Zak

Old 01-05-2018, 08:14 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
There are plenty of aftermarket options for integrating Bluetooth with factory stereos that any reputable stereo shop can integrate in.. Being that it's 14 years old, the stereo might be a bit archaic and if you wanted bluetooth/navigation/etc you might want to look into aftermarket options...

As with any P-Car, if you are buying one used from a private party I would always recommend a inspection from someone who knows the car. If there are any signs of leaks on the bottom I would be concerned.. There are plenty little issues that can have a big impact on your wallet. This one is 10+ years old so you definitely want to see service records on what maintenance was done. There are plenty of threads that cover the obvious (coolant pipes, cardan shaft, etc) but a 14 year old car definitely might be up for some maintenance soon.

I also love the air-suspension for the fact that you can raise/lower and adjust the ride quality as needed.. If the wife/kids complain that it's too bumpy, just press the Comfort button....it's like a mute button for your family. :P

Last edited by richie996; 01-05-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:04 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Get a PPI and have them check engine mounts, trans mount, suspension bushings and oil pan gasket. My car has 70k and needs all those addressed with will cost close to 6k to address.