Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SoCal detailer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 02:09 AM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
SoCal detailer

Nearing 7K miles here... and with all this sh*t in the air lately in SoCal... I have pollen, or tree sap or whatever it is that won't properly wash off. So I was thinking it is time for her first REAL detailing, claybar, polish, wax, the whole 9 yards. When I pull in the garage 2 hours after a car wash I can see the faint yellow powder covering the car... YUCK! Any suggestions?

And I think I'm going to get the first oil change done, too because I have a few things for the dealer to address.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
PM HotRodGuy (Scott) on the board, he could either refer or do it himself, he's from HB.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:27 PM
mono2100 will become famous soon enough
I got a guy...I will actually be taking a couple of my cars to him soon...PM me if interested he is in Tarzana, CA

Old 05-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Just clay the car and apply a good polish and wax. That should do the trick Peppa

Old 05-25-2006, 02:16 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bumble996
PM HotRodGuy (Scott) on the board, he could either refer or do it himself, he's from HB.
+1...............

Old 05-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Just clay the car and apply a good polish and wax. That should do the trick Peppa
If I WERE to do it myself, what products would you recommend?

Old 05-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
At my company, we use Zymöl for a few reasons. 1st, everything Zymöl makes is natural. We feel that social responsibility to our environment is very important. Second, Zymöl products are easy to use provided you've been shown the technique. And last, you can get professional results that will last. Depending on your budget, I'd recommend Zymöl’s Clay and Lube and getting one of their Deco Kits that has all the products you need to wash, polish, and wax your car. The kits will range form $100-300. The waxes are the only things that change and the better the wax, the greater the level of protection, clarity of finish, and longevity. By the way, all Zymöl waxes that are in the 8 oz container will typically do 50 applications. So, you will have wax from 10-25 years as long as you wax your car 2-3 times per year, which is all you need to do with Zymöl, and store the wax in the fridge. I'll be more than happy to walk you through, just PM me. Zymöl also makes a product that is all-in-one polish and wax. If you want to go that route, the cleaner wax is $20. Hope this helps.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:02 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I'm swamped for the next month, I highly recommend Moe if you are looking for work before that

if you want to do it on your own, check out the how-to articles on this site

www.bettercarcare.com

Old 05-25-2006, 11:53 AM
I've has the Peppa' for 5 months (7k miles) so MAYBE I don't need to do the POLISH?? Maybe I can just clay and wax?? The color is Prosecco gold... not a real high-maintenance color. Only reason I'd polish it is it MIGHT have some waterspots from the sprinklers at the office

Last edited by GoldenPEPPA; 05-25-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
If you wax without polishing you might not be happy with the results. If you follow Moe's recommendations with the Zymol products (wash, clay, polish, wax, then use one of Meguiar's sealants), with regular hand car washes, your finish will last longer than if you only apply a wax after claying and you will love the finished product.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
where are u located in Socal?

Old 05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
where are u located in Socal?
westlake village

Old 05-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Verone24 will become famous soon enoughVerone24 will become famous soon enough
call 562 716 4199.......CR Shine. They do our mobile detailing for our company when we have guests with paint issues. They are very reasonable.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Premium Sponsor
Our routine does not include sealant. We use the natural product way of claying, polishing, and waxing. For darker color cars, we'll follow up with Zymol Field Glaze, a liquid carnauba that will remove any haziness or blotchiness.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Lorenzo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Verone24
call 562 716 4199.......CR Shine. They do our mobile detailing for our company when we have guests with paint issues. They are very reasonable.
I'll try these guys, thanks for the post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SoCal detailer