Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Yellow Turbo - My Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Congrats,what a fun color
Too bad it did not come with PCCB's

Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
We are looking for a C4S. Tell us about it.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:45 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice, congrats!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to all for the kind comments. After 600 miles I love the new Mellow Yellow Turbo even more. Lots of positive comments on the color. The interior and ride quality is superb. The acceleration is just bizzare in an SUV. Press the gas and the front end lifts up and you rocket into the horizon. Crazy...

Oh- the thermal and noise insulated glass is one of the best choices I made. Very quiet inside and in our strong sun, it keeps interior much cooler. A valuable option.

The Adaptive Sport Seats are incredible. Some may not like them because the bolsters really wrap and hold you in place. To me it feels like I am driving a sports car.

The new dash and controls are a monumental improvement over previous gen.

Originally Posted by JBONDOx
I seen that vehicle on their lot when it came in since I work by there.... very unique color. I still to this day don't know if I like or dislike the color, but I will say that it is unique, and not what everyone else is sporting that color which is what I do like..funny thing also, as I was going to the bakery across from the Porsche dealership, I think I seen your GT3 being unloaded, had to be a couple of months ago if it is the same one... I think I took one with my iPhone.

Very nice!
Thanks JBONDO- the color is not for everyone, but I love seeing its yellow self every time I open the garage door. It is a perky color

Yep, that is my RS as well, the Olmsted guys love me...lol. Actually they have taken good care of me.

Originally Posted by JBONDOx
I found the pic on my facebook
That's my baby!

Originally Posted by gammaman
I happened to see those SportDesign II wheels on a Cayenne at the dealer the other day. They look much better in person than in pictures, hard to appreciate them without seeing the three dimensionality of the spokes.
I have to agree, they look better in person. Very "meaty" and strong looking.

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
This yellow is a Pastel Yellow not chrome yellow.
Pretty much. It is a gentle yellow not a hot yellow.

Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Congrats,what a fun color
Too bad it did not come with PCCB's
Fully agreed, I just couldn't stomach the additional $8800, but from an esthetics standpoint, yellow calipers would be awesome. Have been looking at some ways to fix that

Originally Posted by gr8ful
We are looking for a C4S. Tell us about it.
Meteor gray, Carrera Red interior, Carrera S II wheels, PCCB, S PASM suspension, Standard Seats, PDK, ~10k miles, all the good options. But it looks like it is going back to Olmsted as a trade on another car, check with Stoppie (Chris Sanner) in a couple weeks.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Very helpful follow-up post Sayboy. Thank you for keeping us so glued to your ongoing impressions of your 2011 CTT. I was debating on the noise insulated glass, but now I am sold. I have always been a big fan of the adaptive sport seats (have it on my 997.2 C4S) so it is no big surprise that you like it. I am pleasantly surprised that you can now get ventilated seats on adaptive sports seats, I could not do so on my '09 C4S. I am also sold on the Burmester and Panoramic roof. (BTW i am in the market for an '11 CayenneS for my wife. So with all these options don't you think I am looking at a custom order only. Not sure if there is any discount at this point on a 2011 custom order. I am probably better off waiting for a few months. Anyway please keep updating your impressions. It is very much appreciated.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 08-30-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car and fantastic color choice .Yellow looks more sporty and exotic.
Congratulation

Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Sayboy, in your opinion how much more quiet is the car compared to your previous Cayenne. Reason I ask is I am not a big fan of the very dark tint but if the noise cancellation property of the glass is significant plus (compared to the stock glass) than that may be the way to go especially since I have a $$$$$ Burmester inside the cabin to listen to rather than the road noise. I love your Umber interior but have a espresso/cognac in the works.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 AM
Woodchuck is on a distinguished road
I have a quick question for you sayboy, I have a 2011 turbo (as you can see from my pic), and I was wondering if your gears ever skip from 5th to 7th. It only happens rarely, and there is no jerk, but it just seemed strange to me for a car to skip a gear. Also did your camera come with guidelines on it? Because I know mine did not, but I have not bothered to ask our closest dealer yet (not really a big deal, they might do something like replacing it, which would probably cost a good bit of money, but I am unsure,and the dealer is 30-45 minutes away). BTW, nice color.

Last edited by Woodchuck; 09-20-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: adding a comment
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Woodchuck, does it skip a gear under full throttle, or just partial throttle? If only the latter, it is doing so in the interest of efficiency and fuel economy. With eight gears there's not necessarily a reason to run through them all at light throttle.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Pete,

Just read this post, congrats on another new Porsche!!

I don't like it when you write good reviews on your new car, as I don't want to trade in my old CTT yet.

Stop buying new Porsche...I can't keep up with you.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Woodchuck is on a distinguished road
Gammaman, it will mostly do it if I completely let off my foot at 4000+ rpm, but if I keep my foot down on the pedal, whether it is partial, full, or very little, it will go through 6th. It does not do it with any other gears though, just the 6th gear.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:36 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
My guess is that it's part of the shift program. I wouldn't make a special trip to the dealer, but next time it's in for service have them check it out.