Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Color choice for a 2011 Cayenne S.
Sand white
66.67%
Auburn metallic
10.00%
Umber metallic
23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Color choice for a 2011 Cayenne S: Wish we could decide fast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:32 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Jet Black with Espresso / Cogniac

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Thank you for participating in this poll. We very much appreciate all the thoughts/suggestions. Spent quite a bit of time over the past couple of days going over several color combinations for the espresso/cognac color. The umber with that choice of interior colors (brown outside, inside, top and bottom may be too much) will be a brown overdose, Auburn will make it too busy, Sand white would be great but the pepper would be a keeper for us. I would hate to see the paint protection film yellowing over the white color in a few years. That left us with two choices. Jet black metallic and black. Wife wanted black but I went with jet black metallic which of the two blacks would be a little easier to maintain swirl free....well almost swirl free. I even asked my buddy at Metropolitan detail John. He knows a thing or two about paint protection/correction. The only way to keep a black colored car swirl free is to store it in the garage.

My wife and I think the jet black metallic with espresso, cognac would look stunning. I do think most (if not all) of you would agree.

I've always loved the Porsche sand white but the new Cayenne just looks too much japanese / korean in white. Maybe that'll change with time.

Jet black is nice - a new color and its metallic.

In my opinion, you have picked the best exterior and best interior colors available.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
3LX470, thank you for that nice comment. We think so too. I did not know that jet black metallic was a new color which makes it even more appealing to me now that I know that fact. I have decided to go with the stock trim which is a high gloss black. We think that it will provide a good contrast to the two tone brown loaded interior. We thought that all the other wood options would make it too busy.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
ManMachine is on a distinguished road
I agree with having the high glass black trim for the 2-tone leather color scheme.

At the dealer I saw a Panamera Turbo with cognac exterior, with 2-tone brown interior and brown wood. There's a 20K discount on this 150K vehicle.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
[quote=ManMachine;2985222]I agree with having the high glass black trim for the 2-tone leather color scheme.

If black trim was standard on the turbo I might have stayed with it, but since aluminum is standard, I went for the olive wood with the 2 tone leather, seemed to fit between the espresso and cognac nicely.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Manmachine, I think I know that Pana turbo. Is it in Seattle area dealership ? Gammaman, you do know that you can have the black gloss trim replace the standard aluminium on the turbos as a no cost option. If you like the gloss black (which would be great with our two tone choice of colors) you should go for that than the olive.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Manmachine, I think I know that Pana turbo. Is it in Seattle area dealership ? Gammaman, you do know that you can have the black gloss trim replace the standard aluminium on the turbos as a no cost option. If you like the gloss black (which would be great with our two tone choice of colors) you should go for that than the olive.

Too late, I'm locked in with build date of Oct 6th. Will post pix when I get the car. BTW, I think that Pana Turbo you're talking about has olive with 2 tone cognac/cedar, which is much lighter and a completely different look than the espresso/cognac. It also has 11,900 miles which is why they are discounting it that much.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
ManMachine is on a distinguished road
Yes the Panamera was at Barrier Porsche. I was looking for a cognac color and was surprised to see it as an exterior color also. Yes the interior was ceder/cognac, quite different from Cayenne's option, but I got a good idea of what the color is like. With olive wood, the whole car feels too... gold.

As I posted on another forum, umber/tartufo seems a good combination of relatively light coloring.