6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 958 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-958-143/)
-   -   just put my order in for a 2011 cayenne! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-958/237163-just-put-my-order-2011-cayenne.html)

jwat 02-23-2011 08:54 AM

I just ordered mine on Monday as well. I called around alot and was able to get a discount as well. I ended up going with the local dealership who came back with a 3% discount off the top. Pretty basic car, base with tip, premium pkg + and burmester (a little over the top).
I was pretty happy with that discount and I think that since I have had a good relationship with the dealer for 12 years now (not nearly as long as many of ya'll) and this is my 3rd car from them. That said nearly all dealers were ready to offer 1000 to 1500 off pretty quickly.
Congrats on your new car. The wait is the hardest part now...

kona 02-27-2011 08:24 PM

I went to a dealer today and he said wait time for a custom order was 3-4 months. He also said they werent offering anything off MSRP because demand is so high (we didn't put an offer on the table though, so I think he would have budged a teeny bit... I hope!!)

Interesting fact, he said if the delivery date ended up being sometime in the summer and 2012's were already out, he said my model year would be a 2012 (same car of course, but still, ceteris paribus, that's quite nice!!)

2011PorscheCaye 02-27-2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by jwat (Post 3131782)
I just ordered mine on Monday as well. I called around alot and was able to get a discount as well. I ended up going with the local dealership who came back with a 3% discount off the top. Pretty basic car, base with tip, premium pkg + and burmester (a little over the top).
I was pretty happy with that discount and I think that since I have had a good relationship with the dealer for 12 years now (not nearly as long as many of ya'll) and this is my 3rd car from them. That said nearly all dealers were ready to offer 1000 to 1500 off pretty quickly.
Congrats on your new car. The wait is the hardest part now...

nice, did the dealerships in the area have any base cayenne's on the lot? that's a pretty good discount

2011PorscheCaye 02-27-2011 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by kona (Post 3136100)
I went to a dealer today and he said wait time for a custom order was 3-4 months. He also said they werent offering anything off MSRP because demand is so high (we didn't put an offer on the table though, so I think he would have budged a teeny bit... I hope!!)

Interesting fact, he said if the delivery date ended up being sometime in the summer and 2012's were already out, he said my model year would be a 2012 (same car of course, but still, ceteris paribus, that's quite nice!!)

3-4 months sounds about right... mine is closer towards 4 and it looked that way for a lot of people who custom ordered.

where are you located?

Also i don't think they start 2012 builds until sept after the factory shut down in summer. or at least that's what i've heard... someone else can confirm.

pepper09tt 02-28-2011 08:41 AM

I signed the papers for my CT on January 25th
I will pick up my pepper on April 7th at the factory in Leipzig
Thats about 2.5 months:)

driveinstyle 02-28-2011 09:35 AM

Sounds like a fair deal