Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

just put my order in for a 2011 cayenne!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:20 AM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
just put my order in for a 2011 cayenne!

just put my order in. i'm down in socal and i went to a few dealerships, most were asking for MSRP and didn't have any cars on the lot. ended up getting 2% off which i didn't think was too bad.

this will be my first porsche, so i'm super excited. i ended up doing a custom order, and my sales rep said that it would likely get built mid-april for a late may/early june delivery. based on my order date of today, does this sound about right?

also i'm wondering when i should hear back about when it goes into production and any other updates?

lastly, i know some people were getting 3-6% off back in sept of last year for pre-orders, but how's my deal now? i thought it was at least fair, maybe not the best but decent. i honestly have never paid so close to MSRP for a new car ever..

Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
4 months to delivery sounds about right,

updates depend on your sales guy,

i got around 6%.. that was in october... now is diff story.. u got a v6? harder to get discount on v6

Old 02-20-2011, 12:42 AM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
yep v6

Old 02-20-2011, 05:19 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Sounds about right both for discount (from what I hear). Mine is also an April build and I got a larger discount but it is a Turbo (~156,000.00 msrp) so they have a lot more to work with. Bottom line I got a bigger discount but the dealer will still make more from me then your dealer will make from you. Also I have 4 Porsches at home from them, over 20 since 1979 and they will grab me a little on my trade. Now comes the toughest part for you - the waiting. Especially since it is your first Porsche. Every so often ask your dealer to email you an updated Pro Forma Invoice. It will have a code on it that will tell you the current status of your order. I have attached a list of the codes and what they stand for.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Porsche Codes.pdf (80.7 KB, 525 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Sounds about right both for discount (from what I hear). Mine is also an April build and I got a larger discount but it is a Turbo (~156,000.00 msrp) so they have a lot more to work with. Bottom line I got a bigger discount but the dealer will still make more from me then your dealer will make from you. Also I have 4 Porsches at home from them, over 20 since 1979 and they will grab me a little on my trade. Now comes the toughest part for you - the waiting. Especially since it is your first Porsche. Every so often ask your dealer to email you an updated Pro Forma Invoice. It will have a code on it that will tell you the current status of your order. I have attached a list of the codes and what they stand for.
thanks imcarnuts! I wasn't too sure how i could track my car before, but looks like now i'll have a way!

Old 02-20-2011, 03:27 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your order. I was in your same boat a few months back, ordered late Sept and took delivery in Jan, so 4 months sounds about right. 2% doesn't sound bad at all, what dealership in SoCal? I too ordered from from SoCal and got just over 3% off my custom 6 build. It was the only dealership that would work with me on the price, all others wanted msrp. Let us know what options you added, its always interesting to see how others choose to customize their toys. Noe for the toughest part.... The wait.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
haha i went for the super entry level porsche and it's pretty bare boned, only convenience package, park assist, and tiptronic .

you know what i thought was really stupid though, was that i wanted to get panoramic roof which is $1850. the convenience package comes with the moonroof (which is a $1200 option by itself), but if you add the panoramic roof it should only add on the difference ($650) right? no. it adds the whole $1850. sucks.

but yea, other than that i didn't really want to pay for anything else, what really sold me on the car was the handling, ride, styling, and the awesome interior. i figured without any options i'd be getting these things.

by the way, i'd rather not post it publicly what dealership i got it from (i don't think they'd want to advertise they're discounting when it sounds like allocations are low and pretty much everyone is selling for MSRP). but send me a PM and i can tell you. anyone else that is interested can send me a PM too... i can hook you up with the sales rep that did this for me.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
AppleChilli will become famous soon enough
Cayennes are still selling like hotcakes aye?! Wonder what summer will bring?

Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 AM
neharana is on a distinguished road
I have no any idea bout this thread,please update me with complete information.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Foggy916 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your first Porsche. You will love it. Cayennes here in N Texas are selling like hotcakes as well and discounts are hard to come by.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Foggy916
Congrats on your first Porsche. You will love it. Cayennes here in N Texas are selling like hotcakes as well and discounts are hard to come by.
glad to hear. i wouldn't want to be the only guy paying close to MSRP

Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
yeah. The same thing goes for NC. There are CS and CS Hybrids to be had, but V6's are selling from custom order only. No real discounts available on them. Mine should be here in May. Can't wait.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM
sweet. i heard from my sales rep that each porsche dealership only has an allocation of 5 cayenne v6s each month. does anyone know if this is true?

when walking around their garage i saw a few base cayennes that had dealership license plate holders from other states (one was all the way from NY). He said that their dealership pulls from a number of other dealers to try and keep up with demand in this area; additionally there were no base cayennes on the lot that weren't already sold.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 AM
EAP1024 is on a distinguished road
Which dealer was this if you don't mind? Thx

Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I think Jim Ellis in Atlanta has V6's in stock, at least it was on their website.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just put my order in for a 2011 cayenne!