Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 CS Rants

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
V10M you are having issues with your vehicle that I don't. I actually have the interior LED on minimum, and it is not affected at all by engine speed, it stays the same no matter what I am doing with the throttle.

Again the air recirculating seems to be a problem your having. Yesterday I made sure to test this out after reading your post. I took a drive from L.A. to Mission Viego(45 minutes -1 hour each way) and back air recirculation was on both ways and stayed on the entire time on both ways.

Maybe others will chime in, and post what their vehicles are doing, I can just tell you on mine these are issues that do not exist.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 AM
hkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura about
Would VinceV's car be a newer, updated or improved one?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hkb5variant
Would VinceV's car be a newer, updated or improved one?
I have a 2012, but so does V10M.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
cjwal is on a distinguished road
+1 on the ipad2 mounts. They are simple to use. Kiddos have movies, video games etc... All for half the price, removable and can be upgraded

Old 02-04-2012, 01:38 PM
V10M is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VinceV
V10M you are having issues with your vehicle that I don't. I actually have the interior LED on minimum, and it is not affected at all by engine speed, it stays the same no matter what I am doing with the throttle.

Again the air recirculating seems to be a problem your having. Yesterday I made sure to test this out after reading your post. I took a drive from L.A. to Mission Viego(45 minutes -1 hour each way) and back air recirculation was on both ways and stayed on the entire time on both ways.

Maybe others will chime in, and post what their vehicles are doing, I can just tell you on mine these are issues that do not exist.
Thanks for confirming. I hope it's a software glitch that I can report and show the dealer so that they can fix it. If others can chime in and confirm that their's do not default back to turning off that LED recirculate button during driving, at least I can know its just this particular car.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by VinceV
I have a 2012, but so does V10M.
Took delivery in early January this year. I think it should be loaded with the latest software. Prod completed date mid-November 2011.

Also, I set the comfot lighting to the absolute minimum and never noticed the glowing and dimming until driving up to Vegas on the dark 15N. And since the car was in break-in period, I was varying the revs from 2-4k. Only in the darkness did I see it happening.

Last edited by V10M; 02-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Found it in the manual.

"If the air-conditioning compressor is switched off
manually or automatically, air-recirculation mode
ends after approx. 3 minutes."
page 69 of 2011 online manual

Vince, can you tell me if your AC compressor was on the entire way? Problem is that if outside is 60F and I want about 65F in cabin, I don't need the AC compressor ON. Apparently, switching off AC defaults system to outside air, causing the aforementioned problems for me, at least.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
BlackPepper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V10M
Thanks for confirming. I hope it's a software glitch that I can report and show the dealer so that they can fix it. If others can chime in and confirm that their's do not default back to turning off that LED recirculate button during driving, at least I can know its just this particular car.
My 2012 CS doesnt default back to outside air, which I tested after reading this post. I do have my own rants like,

-the footwell light that comes with comfort lighting is too bright and yellow, a softer lighting like the Benz would be welcome.
-The Bose stereo sounds like S H I T, especially in FM radio and satellite mode. If I close my eyes, it sounds like the sound is coming from a 10 year old $5,000 car.
-High beam is Halogen, WTF?
- Bluetooth cant decide when to connect with my phone, I have to it manually sometimes
- Memory seats is just really screwed up, very inconsistent and annoying
-PCM is a pain, definitely not user friendly
-and other small things.

However, the car/truck is a dream to drive which negates everything I said above :-)

Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Never knew that High Beams were Halogen. Is that for only "flash to pass" or as normal high beams as well? I'm gotta take a look tonight.

PCM is not user friendly at all. I've extensively used one of the 1st gens of the infamous iDrive and it is much more intuitive (it's just really slow).

I've also noticed a "whistling" wind noise from around the sunroof (not pano) over 75mph or so. Very annoying. But the CS drives like a dream and handles as well or better than any sports sedan I've driven, so these annoyances can [almost] be overlooked.

Originally Posted by BlackPepper
My 2012 CS doesnt default back to outside air, which I tested after reading this post. I do have my own rants like,

-the footwell light that comes with comfort lighting is too bright and yellow, a softer lighting like the Benz would be welcome.
-The Bose stereo sounds like S H I T, especially in FM radio and satellite mode. If I close my eyes, it sounds like the sound is coming from a 10 year old $5,000 car.
-High beam is Halogen, WTF?
- Bluetooth cant decide when to connect with my phone, I have to it manually sometimes
- Memory seats is just really screwed up, very inconsistent and annoying
-PCM is a pain, definitely not user friendly
-and other small things.

However, the car/truck is a dream to drive which negates everything I said above :-)

Old 02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I thought the PCM was much easier to use compared to iDrive. One way to test it is to let your wife try it. My wife was able to use the PCM without reading the manual. She's the type who doesn't even know how to turn on our TV...

Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nhirsch
I decided against the entertainment system as well. Doesn't even integrate into the 6 changer CD if you get that which I didn't. I found some pretty nice iPAD2 mounts that mount on the front seat headrest posts. That give the back seaters all the entertainment they would want and is easily removed/installed and upgradable.
Which ones work best with the new Cayenne?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:49 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
1. It is a 2 step process. However, having the cruise control always ready to act (hard ON) is a feature I do not recall in any other premium brand. When you shut down the car, it should default to off, like the sport button that activates partial PSM (Sport button). I think if the car is shut off, cruise can default to OFF.
I prefer this. I dislike that so many manufactureres make the cruise a 2-step process every time I start the car. If I use cruise control, I'm aware that I'm turning it on. I see the light. If I don't the light, and come off the throttle, and the car keeps going, that's a reminder that I need to apply the brake (or press the cancel button).

This is preference. But I must say, it is my preference. I don't have a habit of accidentally pressing buttons (except for the PDK buttons on the wheel - horrible placement, in my opinion).

Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
My sound system defaults (when 1st entering) sometimes.... but not always to a far away FM station that plays only static.
I listen to Sat Radio, CD's, and bluetooth Aux....very rarely FM.
Anyone know the fix?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
First, I'd like to say that I still would have purchased the CS for the wife and I really love it. But these annoying things keep it from being perfect. Over-engineer much?

1. Cruise control is a "hard button" Meaning it is always ON until you turn it off. An accidental push on the stalk if it is ON can make a Toyota situation.
2. Radio is always on and vehicle does not remember that I muted it when I leave. If I am in an underground parking structure, this means that I will be greeted with static upon starting the car.
3. The recirculate air button insists that it will default back to outside air every 5 mins... during driving nonetheless. So if you are following a polluting car on the highway, you will have to deal with the exhaust fumes entering the cabin or turn off the HVAC system completely.
4. The Light Comfort Package insists that the cool LED doorstrips are ON along with the footwell lights and the overhead Horseshoe light. Makes me feel like I am being given the 3rd degree in a police interrogation room. What's worse is that if I dim it to the lowest setting, if I accelerate it will cause the alternator to surge a lil bit of power, the Horseshoe glows brighter and dimmer according to the throttle pedal. Ridiculous!
5. The Nav system can provide up to 3 route options to choose from. However, if you are traveling say, more than 100 mls, the little map zooms out so much that Route 1 , Route 2 and Route 3 look exactly the same. They should offer a "route list" option so I can accurately choose the route I want.
6. Interior lights should either be all LED or all incandescents. The random mix makes it seem like LEDs were an afterthought or a project done halfway.
7. There should be consistency among those red indicators on the buttons. For example, Auto-Start Stop LED ON means that feature is OFF. Yet LCA LED ON means that LCA is ON. Parking distance LED ON means Parking Distance is OFF. Sport Button LED ON means it is ON. Pick one or the other and go with it, Porsche!
8. Although the Tach in Gray Background designates S or Turbo, it is hard to read at a glance in daylight since it is a Light Gray Background with White Numbers. I would prefer the V6's black background.

Just had to get it off my chest. Bimmers and Mercs have similar, but different annoyances. Just German quirks and such, I guess. Still love the CS and I still think it is the best choice by far of all available SUVs on the market. Just wish they would correct these little counter-intuitive and lameduck annoyances.

Feel free to add to this list.
Perhaps...
...But how about mentioning the superior performance on the road and how much fun it is to drive?
I would say that,at the very least,deserves a word or two
In my humble opinion,these trivialities pale in comparison

Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
I've also noticed a "whistling" wind noise from around the sunroof (not pano) over 75mph or so. Very annoying.
Does your Cayenne have a roof rack and/or roof rails? I've not driven a Cayenne with these options installed but the positioning of cross bars can make a big difference on windnoise in many vehicles. I have to believe that's true in the case of the Cayenne as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 CS Rants