Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne S on the vessel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
M3Wes will become famous soon enoughM3Wes will become famous soon enough
From what I am told the delivery time can vary significantly. Think of it as if it were coming from the USPS and not UPS. Sold orders tend to take priority. As a guess, I would start looking for it beginning about the 18th.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM
The Glorious Express arrival and departure time is still the same on the 13th for the Port of San Diego but the berth has been changed to 24-10.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Found the (pretty minimalistic) NYK Ro-Ro site. There it shows that Ceres is stevedoring at Port Hueneme. Unfortunately, there are no cams but current Google Maps satellite imagery shows a similar Ro-Ro vessel.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 AM
The Glorious Express is currently docked in Long Beach before making its way to San Diego tomorrow. The trip has taken 4 days short of a month. The wait will soon be over.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Irony is, it's going to be delivered to my dealer on the day I'll arrive in Stuttgart on business...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
That's not good. The official information that I have for dealer delivery to Northern California is the week of April 30th, but I cannot believe that it should take that long. I will be looking for it the week of the 23rd.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chancludo
Irony is, it's going to be delivered to my dealer on the day I'll arrive in Stuttgart on business...
In that case I hear it's a good idea to go across the street to the Porsche dealer in Stuttgart and buy a souvenir license plate holder you can use on your car when you get back. I'm told it's about 5 Euros.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
She just left long beach..

Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 PM
8 hours and she will be at the Port in San Diego as scheduled.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Kinda hard to see, but this is her leaving Long Beach.

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Very good

Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM
You can see her sail past Huntington Beach here. See attachment.

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Last pictures before it got too dark for the webcam to focus. She just passed the southern tip of Santa Catalina island. Last time we'll see her, I guess!

Attached Images    
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Great work! Another 80 miles and she will be at her destination!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM
... and there she leaves San Diego. So, all our cars are sitting there now, waiting for a customs officer to ... do what exactly?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne S on the vessel