Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice looking!! Love both colors.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:16 AM
kwihk will become famous soon enoughkwihk will become famous soon enough
Carmine Red! sure is tempting..

it might even look better with black wheels!!!

man.. better check those out in real! and give my 958 an little change in a year or two lol
^_^

Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 AM
kwihk will become famous soon enoughkwihk will become famous soon enough
video update.

http://youtu.be/2Vjr-RyvQbo

Last edited by kwihk; 04-10-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
The GTS looks like a great package, but I think they missed an opportunity and should have added a PDK transmission to this model, and eliminated any towing options....would have been fantastic. I have a 2011 CTT and the transmission is definitely the weakest link in its performance.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
PDK would have set it apart from other Cayennes,and given it a sportier feel
Also,how bout a choice other than "arrest me "red and "up-chuck" green:roll eyes:
The transmission in my CT has always performed well and I drove it real hard for the first 3000 miles(Autobahn)
Looking forward to a GIAC tune(possibly by the end of the month!)

Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
PDK would have set it apart from other Cayennes,and given it a sportier feel
Also,how bout a choice other than "arrest me "red and "up-chuck" green:roll eyes:
The transmission in my CT has always performed well and I drove it real hard for the first 3000 miles(Autobahn)
Looking forward to a GIAC tune(possibly by the end of the month!)
Amen on the PDK. The reality is that very, very, very few people ever take their Pepper's off road and I'm sure that small percentage declines quickly to those who chose the GTS model.

However, I believe that offering the PDK would have required a whole new round of Federal certifcations and that would have been expensive. I think the 8 speed slushbox in the Pepper is a damned fine gearbox and perfectly fine for real world use.

BTW - As I read the micro-site on Porsche's website today that horrible green and very bright red are GTS specific colors but you can still get the full range of other colors on a GTS. For my money, a GTS in meteor grey would be stunning.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:39 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I expected more from Porsche, no reason to replace my CS.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by galion
I expected more from Porsche, no reason to replace my CS.
Yea I did too. Aside from aesthetics theres not that much going on. Only 0.2 sec faster than the S, top speed is relatively the same.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
I love it, I'm on the list w/ my local dealer for their first 2013 allocations for an S, and today, It's changed to the GTS. I don't need the turbo, but I wanted something that looked more aggressive than the S, this fits the bill completely, I can't wait!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Wish it came with PDK! I am guessing next gen. models will have this option available.

Perhaps, Macan?!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
oseik is on a distinguished road
I drove a 991 PDK this weekend and I must say it is hard to justify spending $$$ on a TIP transmission is this age.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:51 PM
erenyes is on a distinguished road
Unfortunatly, it looks as though there will be No manual offered.........

Old 04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by erenyes
Unfortunatly, it looks as though there will be No manual offered.........
+1 and youre right no manual. The old GTS with a manual transmission was an awesome truck. I cant imagine how great this GTS with the lighter weight, more power, and better everything wouold be with a manual. Oh well we will never know.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
As usual GTS is mostly for looks, would love the PDK on the Cayenne!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:07 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
I'm so getting the green!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS 2012