Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by galion
I expected more from Porsche, no reason to replace my CS.
I disagree. My bet is that if you're buying new today a GTS is giong to be a pretty good deal vis a vis a similarily optioned CS.

I'm never going to argue that Porsche provides good value... but I happily line up to buy them like the rest of you. But historically, dollar for dollar the GTS models (997 and 955 anyway) were great values compared to similarily spec'd out "base" models.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I disagree. My bet is that if you're buying new today a GTS is giong to be a pretty good deal vis a vis a similarily optioned CS.

I'm never going to argue that Porsche provides good value... but I happily line up to buy them like the rest of you. But historically, dollar for dollar the GTS models (997 and 955 anyway) were great values compared to similarily spec'd out "base" models.

+1, to try to build the S to near the GTS, you end up going over the MSRP of the GTS by a good bit. The GTS, I suppose isn't for everyone, but it's exactly what I was looking for!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chris_FL
+1, to try to build the S to near the GTS, you end up going over the MSRP of the GTS by a good bit. The GTS, I suppose isn't for everyone, but it's exactly what I was looking for!
I'm pretty new to Porsche but from my understanding of the GTS vs. the S, this was a significant improvement in the prior Cayenne model (955/957). Meaning that not only looks wise but actual feel, drive, and integrity of the vehicle...basically it drove like a whole other vehicle. I thought I read that the weight was significant down and that the 957 GTS felt like a different car and that the 958's are an evolution from that. The weight of the 958 GTS is actually up slightly when I checked (nothing significant). So from a value perspective, the incremental value of the GTS on the 957 seems to be significantly greater than the incremental value on the 958. If you want all the standard options on the 958 GTS then its definitely a value rather than getting and S and adding the options.

I think at the end of the day it depends on who the car is for and what you want. For some of us the GTS might not be what fits the bill. Don't get me wrong if this were just for me I think it would be something to strongly consider. But my wife drives the Cayenne a good portion of the time and she likes the vehicle as is (ie doesn't want a full exhaust system that rumbles ).

Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
The exhaust would be the tricky part for me too.
I like my cars to be visually stunning but prefer a stealthy approach when it comes to sound.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bruinxman
... But my wife drives the Cayenne a good portion of the time and she likes the vehicle as is (ie doesn't want a full exhaust system that rumbles ).
I'm assuming the sport exaust on the GTS is the same very expensive option available on the "regular" Cayenne S and if so, it works just like the sport exhaust on the 991, 997, 958 and Panamera... you can make it quiet as the standard exhaust with the press of a button.

Last edited by Da Hapa; 04-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I'm assuming the sport exaust on the GTS is the same very expensive option available on the "regular" Cayenne S and if so, it works just like the sport exhaust on the 997, 997, 958 and Panamera... you can make it quiet as the standard exhaust with the press of a button.
My guess is yes, it's the same as my GTS 2008. pressing the sport button opens up some baffles in the exhaust. now you hear the rumble... even more.....fantastic....

want that on my turbo, want the lower ground coloring, and want the powerkit of the turbo S.

Santa might come early....<<~~~~

Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
very disappointed there's no option for a manual transmission.

on the other hand now I'm not tempted to trade up from my 6-speed VR6 cayenne.

I wonder if this means they'll phase out the base cayenne's manual transmission option when they do a refresh?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
salem55 has a spectacular aura aboutsalem55 has a spectacular aura about
watch the video and enjoy the ride.. i wanna see the new red on real

Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
+1 and youre right no manual. The old GTS with a manual transmission was an awesome truck. I cant imagine how great this GTS with the lighter weight, more power, and better everything wouold be with a manual. Oh well we will never know.
Agreed, very disappointing no manual offered. I thought the ratios were too wide in the old GTS (1st gear too short), so with reduced weight of the 958 they could have put in a closer ratio 6 speed, but alas, not to be.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 AM
V10M is on a distinguished road
Online USA configurator live on Porsche site now.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by V10M
Unless they just haven't updated, Peridot and Carmine Red are exclusive to the GTS.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
dimok is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V10M
It seems that GTS is about 20K more than the S with comparable options. There are no packages, so you have to choose a la carte: heated seats, vent seats, Navigation, rear view camera, etc.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dimok
It seems that GTS is about 20K more than the S with comparable options. There are no packages, so you have to choose a la carte: heated seats, vent seats, Navigation, rear view camera, etc.
Not how my math works, I suspect you missed free included options...
(note, if these options are of zero value then just get an S)

These I believe are standard or included with the GTS package which is cheaper than the separate pieces...

Sport Design Package with Side Skirts
SportDesign Steering Wheel with Shifting Paddles
Sport Exhaust System
Air Suspension with self-leveling and height adjustment with PASM
20" RS Spyder Design wheel, 9.5" rim width
Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
LED Rear Lights Tinted Black (pictures look like it and it is not an option)
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
Seat Belts in Guards Red (if you order the GTS package)
Decorative stitching in deviating color- base package (if you order the GTS package)
Decorative stitching in deviating color- seats (if you order the GTS package so cheaper than as options)
Roof Liner in Alcantara
Wood interior package

Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
dimok is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gstahl
Not how my math works, I suspect you missed free included options...
(note, if these options are of zero value then just get an S)

These I believe are standard or included with the GTS package which is cheaper than the separate pieces...

Sport Design Package with Side Skirts
SportDesign Steering Wheel with Shifting Paddles
Sport Exhaust System
Air Suspension with self-leveling and height adjustment with PASM
20" RS Spyder Design wheel, 9.5" rim width
Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
LED Rear Lights Tinted Black (pictures look like it and it is not an option)
Exterior Package in High-gloss Black
Seat Belts in Guards Red (if you order the GTS package)
Decorative stitching in deviating color- base package (if you order the GTS package)
Decorative stitching in deviating color- seats (if you order the GTS package so cheaper than as options)
Roof Liner in Alcantara
Wood interior package
You are right. The things that you listed are very nice, but then if you add 14-way seats, heated seats, ventilated seats, navigation, reverse camera, panoramic roof, Bose, rear sunshades, MF heated steering wheel, and some other things that are important, like PDCC, PTV+, that is almost 20K (MSRP over 100K)

Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dimok
You are right. The things that you listed are very nice, but then if you add 14-way seats, heated seats, ventilated seats, navigation, reverse camera, panoramic roof, Bose, rear sunshades, MF heated steering wheel, and some other things that are important, like PDCC, PTV+, that is almost 20K (MSRP over 100K)
Agree totally. What was surprising is nav was extra. I built mine to 110k including the above and added the Burm and the GTS pack. Oh well, I'll wait to see one in the flesh before I decide.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS 2012