Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just got my build date for Cayenne Diesel!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Cowboys5 is on a distinguished road
Just got my build date for Cayenne Diesel!

Looks like I'll be the first (or very close to) person in Canada to get my Diesel. Got confirmation yesterday that I have a June 26 build completion date. My dealer told me though that Porsche NA may hold up all deliveries of the diesel (so they'll deliver the cars to Canada and store them) until a formal launch date in September. That would really irritate me knowing its here and stowed in a garage somewhere!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ they're already on the website so i can't see why they'd do that. is yours coming as a 2013 model year?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
congrats! I've been considering ordering one of these later this year...how'd you spec it out?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Thx guys. Yes it will be a 2013. As for spec, I tried to keep options to a minimum, but hard to do. Got JBM on black interior, performance plus package, which includes lots of comfort and safety options (lca, back up camera, heated and cooled seats, sunroof, etc. Stayed with the standard PCM sound system (I listen to a lot of talk radio and my wife is convinced I have hearing loss), and although I really struggled with PASM, I decided to pass. Actually, my salesman was pretty good and advised me strongly to pass on PASM. After all, it's a v6 diesel that will be driven in a big city (although spiritedly). He said i'd barely notice the difference. Also got the exterior black gloss package. And no roof rails, as I want it to be very sleek looking. For wheels I went with 19" summers tires on design II wheels.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
tomFordtOronto is on a distinguished road
Pfaff and Downtown Porsche both told me that it'll be 8 months till we get anything ....

Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Not sure why they'd tell you that. Maybe they mean if you order now. My order and deposit put down in December, and my salesman (at Downtown Porsche) recently gave me my build completion date of June 26, as it's apparently in the system. I haven't been notified of any delay and I really, really hope you're wrong.