Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Matching window tint shade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Matching window tint shade?

Can anyone recommend a type of tint that matches the factory rear window tint? I would like to tint the front windows to match the rears. The rears don't look that dark which is probably a good thing to have on the fronts also.

Thanks, Rob.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
I just told the tint man that I wanted 70% on the fronts and use whatever is necessary so the rear and tailgate window match.
It worked for me

Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
That was my question to the tint guy. He said, there is none. So, you basically need to get all the windows tinted with diff % to make the color match.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
search for one of my threads it has pics of my cs with the fronts perfectly matched to the rears. i wiuld say its 98-99% matched and im pretty picky about these things. it can be done anyone who says it cant is bs. i had them done by my clear bra guy in so cal. i believe he used 3m film on the windows and i had the 3m watermarks removed on the inside as i find that kind of tacky to leave them on.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
A few months back when having my tinted headlights installed I asked about having my front windows tinted as close to possible to match the rear oem ones...came out pretty close
Name:  DSC01178.jpg
Views: 6228
Size:  93.8 KB

Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
HEre is mine after tint

Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
A few months back when having my tinted headlights installed I asked about having my front windows tinted as close to possible to match the rear oem ones...came out pretty close
Wow, looks fantastic Pepper, Love the SD trim with those wheels. We need more pics!

Last edited by galion; 11-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
dimok is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cfgtts
That was my question to the tint guy. He said, there is none. So, you basically need to get all the windows tinted with diff % to make the color match.
That is not true. I had my fronts tinted exactly to match the rears.
OP, I could recommend an outstanding guy in Manhattan that did mine. PM me if interested.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Love the lower painted trim.
Looks like my old GTS.
Love love love

Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
As a response do you have insulated glass or not?
This matters when determining the matching % as well as color.
The insulated has a purplish tint, non insulated green.

I remember I wanted the backs slightly darker so I did 18% front and 28% rear.
Mine looks perfect and matches perfectly as well.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
those two look great. i think i want a white one next.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Jace. I did not get the insulated glass.
I also considered making the rear windows darker as you said.
Still not sure and will have to wait till she arrives in a month and half to get a good look at all of that.

Rob.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 PM
robbys3m3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
HEre is mine after tint
sorry to bring up an old thread, but this front window match looks very close. do you remember what the brand and % was here? Also, the black cayenne in this thread looks fantastic all around...does anyone know the specs to that tint?

Once again, sorry to bring up an old thread and I have searched, it just hard to figure the best bet to match the windows on my '13 carmine red GTS.

RM

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robbys3m3
sorry to bring up an old thread, but this front window match looks very close. do you remember what the brand and % was here? Also, the black cayenne in this thread looks fantastic all around...does anyone know the specs to that tint?

Once again, sorry to bring up an old thread and I have searched, it just hard to figure the best bet to match the windows on my '13 carmine red GTS.

RM
Here's one we did:

Manufacturer: Prestige Film Technologies
Product: Spectra PhotoSync 35 on front two windows and 75 on the windshield

Not sure if there is an authorized Spectra Dealer in your area though. This is a pretty exclusive product and typically only 2 dealers per state. Try contacting Prestige to see if there is an authorized dealer near you:

http://www.prestige-films.com/contact.shtml

Attached Images  

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by robbys3m3

RM
Not sure of brand, but any reputable tint guy will have samples of the tint..and If he doesnt know just by looking at the rears, or putting a sample on a front to compare, I would move on to the next guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Matching window tint shade?