Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2013 GTS Ordered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Cayenne_GTS is on a distinguished road
2013 GTS Ordered!

Hello everyone! Been following the forum for a long time, ever since I bought my 2008 S. I have finally pulled the trigger on its replacement and wanted to share with you my build!

My last S was 'different': Carmona red with Luxor beige and olive wood. I guess the lesson there is not to let your wife help with speccing your car!

I'm incredibly excited for my new GTS and the wait is probably gonna drive me nuts! How do you guys keep sane waiting for delivery?

The car will be a March '13 build for April/May delivery and I have until the end of December to finalise the options. I've gone for a sporty look and this is how I've ordered it:

2013 Cayenne GTS
Jet Black Metallic
21" Turbo2 rims with wheel spacers
GTS interior package Black leather/alcantara with contrasting red stitching
PDCC and PTV
Panoramic roof
Extended light package + LED package
Instrument dials and sport chrono in Guards red
Carbon interior + mutifunction wheel carbon + carbon illuminated door sills
Burmester
Reversing camera

I'd like your thoughts on a possible matt black wrap or do you think this would be a bit too much?
Also the dealer is offering to paint the GTS part of the 'Cayenne GTS' logo in red. It would match the brake callipers and rear lights but again I'm worried this would make the whole car look like it's trying too hard, if you know what I mean.

I would really appreciate your input guys and I promise to post some pics when I finally pick the car up!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations. I can't advise you on the waiting since I am going through that myself and getting eager.
I just keep reading any details that I can find on the vehicle and hang out here with everyone. There is an endless amount of good info here to read.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
MIK911 will become famous soon enoughMIK911 will become famous soon enough
Your GTS build sounds 'killa'. It's gonna be a long 5 months
The red 'GTS' will 'pop' and look hot. Not like you're putting a ///M badge on a entry level BMW 3 series.

Is 5 months typical? I am contemplating a build, and my dealer told me 90-120 days. Does the Porsche factory just take all orders 'in line', independent of which dealer/country/etc is submitting the order?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
It was a long wait but my new GTS finally arrived last week. I changed the order three times from what I had originally in mind bit I am very happy with the finished product! It looks better than I thought.

In the end I didn't go with the black because frankly I was too worried about maintaining the car clean, so silver was a bit of a compromise but I have to say it looks wonderful. Also I didn't go with the usual black interior with the silver exterior because I really wanted the espresso/cognac after having sat in a car at the dealer.

The natural olive with its matt texture also looked nicer to me than the other glossy options. Overall it might be an unusual combo but I'm happy with it.

I got all the remaining options except for PCCB and LCA... I couldn't really justify those two!

First impressions are pretty much what others have said here: The handling (for an SUV) is unlike any car in its class... it bends the laws of physics! PDCC and PTV are a must have combo in my opinion.

Build quality seems really good. No complaints so far.

As promised, here are a few pics!

[/URL]

Attached Images                 
Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
JoseCarlosC has a spectacular aura aboutJoseCarlosC has a spectacular aura about
looks good, congrats. I waited 2 month for my GTS and i though it was a long time haha. mine is white with aluminum and black leather interior, but i'm ordering some pieces in carbon fiber to make some contrast. i'm also changing the lower housing and arm of the side view mirror to carbon fiber to replace those cheap looking black plastic hahaah

Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful, congrats!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Great choice. Looks wonderful. Funny how the camera makes the cognac look different in the different photos. The one of the headrest is close to what it looks like in person but the one of the passenger door open looks yellow!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Good looking GTS you got there!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!

I don't know what happened to my camera to make the cognac look orange but yes, the proper colour is the one in the headrest photo!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I have that interior and getting pics that do it justice are difficult to get. When it is seen in person it is magnificent. The Espresso also never looks right to me in photos.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 AM
gjmattos has a spectacular aura aboutgjmattos has a spectacular aura aboutgjmattos has a spectacular aura about
Really nice combo, the only thing I would want to add is black carpet but that is just a personal preference of course. Either way that's a good looking GTS.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM
I bought the black Weathertech mats which are wonderful. I feel like they are a must even with just rain or dirt much less snow..

Old 05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
nash is on a distinguished road
Very nice, and I like the red "GTS" touch!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by gjmattos
Really nice combo, the only thing I would want to add is black carpet but that is just a personal preference of course. Either way that's a good looking GTS.
The carpets are actually dark (espresso) colour. They are the ones you can order as an option. I'll have a look at the weathertech mats. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by nash
Very nice, and I like the red "GTS" touch!
Ya it turned out well... matches the red on the callipers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 GTS Ordered!