Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Is my clock messed up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Is my clock messed up?

There are minute and hour hands but is there supposed to be a second hand? There are some white pieces at the base of the dial but can’t imagine them to be the mangled remains. This is a factory clock and not one of the replacement versions.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clock.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	753.7 KB
ID:	402757  
Old 09-25-2014, 01:18 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Bummer man, yes it's broken.

There should be a hand in the small dial for the seconds and that indeed looks like it's remains at the bottom.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
there's a serious issue with these porsche clocks

mine is broken as well in other ways

Old 09-25-2014, 05:32 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
And I thought I got mine delivered after all the clock issues. I think this is the first time I have ever had a hand fall off of any time piece.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
There are minute and hour hands but is there supposed to be a second hand? There are some white pieces at the base of the dial but can’t imagine them to be the mangled remains. This is a factory clock and not one of the replacement versions.
Mine did exactly the same thing. Had it replaced under warranty. Totally bizarre.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 PM
wch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the rough
That is terrible. I'm glad we have the compass. Is this problem common for other Porsche models or is it a Cayenne specific issue?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:01 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
My son bought a "Rolex" in Chinatown NYC for $10. Turns out he bought an inclinometer. Whichever way he turned the watch, the hour hand always pointed down.