6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 958 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-958-143/)
-   -   Deciding Between 2014 Cayenne Turbo S (used) Vs 2015 Cayenne Turbo (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-958/348586-deciding-between-2014-cayenne-turbo-s-used-vs-2015-cayenne-turbo.html)

KN14911 10-06-2014 07:18 PM

Deciding Between 2014 Cayenne Turbo S (used) Vs 2015 Cayenne Turbo

Hey Guys,

Im looking to add another vehicle soon. Deciding between these 2

2014 Cayenne Turbo S with 4K miles for $120K Certified MSRP $164K
2015 Cayenne Turbo $140K MSRP

The only difference i can see is that the new '15 will be faster, LED lights, Macan Steering wheel. Don't know which one to choose.

Needsdecaf 10-06-2014 08:41 PM

Kinda thin on details. Need a little more to go on. Significant options on the 2014 that you would not buy on the 2015? Etc?

KN14911 10-06-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 4209578)
Kinda thin on details. Need a little more to go on. Significant options on the 2014 that you would not buy on the 2015? Etc?

The Preowned 2014 Turbo S has Burmester and standard equipment that most cayenne Turbo S have. To build a similar spec new 2015 it will cost $140K. My question is it worth $20K to go for the '15? My feeling is yes unless i can get the price down on the Turbo S.

Ted 10-06-2014 09:23 PM

I'm in the same place. I think the '15 simply looks way better, more sporty. And no doubt there will be unannounced internal parts changes/revamps/fixes here and there that should make it better, there always is. However we shouldn't think for a minute that it won't take the same deprecation hit as the '14 CTTS. And it won't take very long for that to happen. They drop like rocks unlike the 911's, especially when Porsche does what they're doing right now by releasing the same thing as the '14 CTTS for $25K cheaper. And like you said, the new one will be faster and will likely handle better and all for way less money. I feel for the dealers that have '14 CTTS's on the lots when the '15's show up. They will have to dump them unless Porsche just releases a few '15 CT's which they might with the intense up-ramping production of the Macan. However the numbers difference of 25K as mentioned above will kill the earlier model's resale regardless I think.

I'm ordering a new '15, got a late December slot, $143ishK car... It has everything I want too.

KN14911 10-06-2014 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 4209606)
I'm in the same place. I think the '15 simply looks way better, more sporty. And no doubt there will be unannounced internal parts changes/revamps/fixes here and there that should make it better, there always is. However we shouldn't think for a minute that it won't take the same deprecation hit as the '14 CTTS. And it won't take very long for that to happen. They drop like rocks unlike the 911's, especially when Porsche does what they're doing right now by releasing the same thing as the '14 CTTS for $25K cheaper. And like you said, the new one will be faster and will likely handle better and all for way less money. I feel for the dealers that have '14 CTTS's on the lots when the '15's show up. They will have to dump them unless Porsche just releases a few '15 CT's which they might with the intense up-ramping production of the Macan. However the numbers difference of 25K as mentioned above will kill the earlier model's resale regardless I think.

I'm ordering a new '15, got a late December slot, $143ishK car... It has everything I want too.

Im going to try to get them down on the Turbo S another $5K. If they sell for $115K i will take it. If not '15 Turbo order.

Ted 10-06-2014 09:29 PM

And by the way, if you do end up going after a/the '14 CTTS I would wait another month until the new '15's start hitting the ground. I think you can make a better deal for sure. If there was no refresh, and if the refresh didn't look as good as it does, I wouldn't be concerned. But one of my very close dealer friends in our neck of the woods told me to definitely wait. He's seen it in person and says it looks WAY better.

Ted 10-06-2014 09:32 PM

That would be a good deal for sure:) But like I said, once the hype of the new vehicle gets under way once they hit the ground you will likely even get a better deal. And they're out there too. I do like the 4K miles and CPO though... Make sure it hasn't been wrecked. I was told by the horse's mouth that they can still Certify a wrecked car. I was shocked...

Fkim011 10-07-2014 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 4209606)

I like what Ted said here about the internal updates that usually go unannounced.

I might be in the minority here but there is something about owning a car new, properly breaking it in and knowing I was the only singular owner of my car that just brings a smile to my face...

TSAF NKUF 10-07-2014 09:07 AM

Faster usually gets my vote.

Robotpedlr 10-07-2014 10:04 AM

+1 for the 2015

XR4Tim 10-07-2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by TSAF NKUF (Post 4209841)

Top speed is 2 mph higher with the '14 Turbo S, and the Turbo S has 30 more HP. The '15 Turbo with Sport Chrono is supposed to be 0.2 seconds quicker to 60, probably as a result of the "Performance Start" feature.

Ted 10-07-2014 11:41 AM

Yes and probably better airflow with the new front end, and all for $25-30K cheaper too! That's the good or sucky part depending on what side of the fence you're on. Honestly I think Porsche realized they had the Cayenne priced too high for 2013. This new President/regime is pretty radical as they head for total global auto domination. I mean I've been looking for a year and I keep coming back and saying to myself, "I'm not paying $170K for a Porsche Cayenne, its ridiculous!". I mean "value" has to come into play somewhere. I will pay $130K though. And let's not forget that these 958's haven't been void of issues. I would certainly hope by MY '15 that some of those are worked out. It just seems its the right buy...

imcarnuts 10-07-2014 01:09 PM

Go for the 2015. Porsche dealers have something on their computer that shows a lot of different views where you can switch between same angle view of old vs. new. It doesn't seem like a lot of changes until you view it. The '15 just looks so much better. I can't wait to see them side by side in real life. Mine has a 10-19-14 build date.

Originally Posted by TSAF NKUF (Post 4209841)

Just add the GIAC software. My dealer already knows to add it along with Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes before I pick it up. Fortunately I have a mod friendly dealer.

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 4210009)
"I'm not paying $170K for a Porsche Cayenne, its ridiculous!".

My MSRP is 170,750.00. Call me ridiculous!!!!!!:D

CALGUY 10-07-2014 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by imcarnuts (Post 4210094)
Go for the 2015. Porsche dealers have something on their computer that shows a lot of different views where you can switch between same angle view of old vs. new. It doesn't seem like a lot of changes until you view it. The '15 just looks so much better. I can't wait to see them side by side in real life. Mine has a 10-19-14 build date.

Just add the GIAC software. My dealer already know to add it along with Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes before I pick it up. Fortunately I have a mod friendly dealer.

My MSRP is 170,750.00. Call me ridiculous!!!!!!:D

Whatever is beyond Ridiculous? That's what I'd call you. :rolleyes:

HOiYA 10-07-2014 02:14 PM

I have the GIAC on my CTTS.... definitely a noticeable improvement!