Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Deciding Between 2014 Cayenne Turbo S (used) Vs 2015 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:18 PM
KN14911 is on a distinguished road
Deciding Between 2014 Cayenne Turbo S (used) Vs 2015 Cayenne Turbo

Hey Guys,

Im looking to add another vehicle soon. Deciding between these 2

2014 Cayenne Turbo S with 4K miles for $120K Certified MSRP $164K
2015 Cayenne Turbo $140K MSRP

The only difference i can see is that the new '15 will be faster, LED lights, Macan Steering wheel. Don't know which one to choose.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Kinda thin on details. Need a little more to go on. Significant options on the 2014 that you would not buy on the 2015? Etc?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Kinda thin on details. Need a little more to go on. Significant options on the 2014 that you would not buy on the 2015? Etc?
The Preowned 2014 Turbo S has Burmester and standard equipment that most cayenne Turbo S have. To build a similar spec new 2015 it will cost $140K. My question is it worth $20K to go for the '15? My feeling is yes unless i can get the price down on the Turbo S.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
I'm in the same place. I think the '15 simply looks way better, more sporty. And no doubt there will be unannounced internal parts changes/revamps/fixes here and there that should make it better, there always is. However we shouldn't think for a minute that it won't take the same deprecation hit as the '14 CTTS. And it won't take very long for that to happen. They drop like rocks unlike the 911's, especially when Porsche does what they're doing right now by releasing the same thing as the '14 CTTS for $25K cheaper. And like you said, the new one will be faster and will likely handle better and all for way less money. I feel for the dealers that have '14 CTTS's on the lots when the '15's show up. They will have to dump them unless Porsche just releases a few '15 CT's which they might with the intense up-ramping production of the Macan. However the numbers difference of 25K as mentioned above will kill the earlier model's resale regardless I think.

I'm ordering a new '15, got a late December slot, $143ishK car... It has everything I want too.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ted
I'm in the same place. I think the '15 simply looks way better, more sporty. And no doubt there will be unannounced internal parts changes/revamps/fixes here and there that should make it better, there always is. However we shouldn't think for a minute that it won't take the same deprecation hit as the '14 CTTS. And it won't take very long for that to happen. They drop like rocks unlike the 911's, especially when Porsche does what they're doing right now by releasing the same thing as the '14 CTTS for $25K cheaper. And like you said, the new one will be faster and will likely handle better and all for way less money. I feel for the dealers that have '14 CTTS's on the lots when the '15's show up. They will have to dump them unless Porsche just releases a few '15 CT's which they might with the intense up-ramping production of the Macan. However the numbers difference of 25K as mentioned above will kill the earlier model's resale regardless I think.

I'm ordering a new '15, got a late December slot, $143ishK car... It has everything I want too.
Im going to try to get them down on the Turbo S another $5K. If they sell for $115K i will take it. If not '15 Turbo order.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
And by the way, if you do end up going after a/the '14 CTTS I would wait another month until the new '15's start hitting the ground. I think you can make a better deal for sure. If there was no refresh, and if the refresh didn't look as good as it does, I wouldn't be concerned. But one of my very close dealer friends in our neck of the woods told me to definitely wait. He's seen it in person and says it looks WAY better.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Ted
That would be a good deal for sure But like I said, once the hype of the new vehicle gets under way once they hit the ground you will likely even get a better deal. And they're out there too. I do like the 4K miles and CPO though... Make sure it hasn't been wrecked. I was told by the horse's mouth that they can still Certify a wrecked car. I was shocked...

Last edited by Ted; 10-06-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ted

I like what Ted said here about the internal updates that usually go unannounced.

I might be in the minority here but there is something about owning a car new, properly breaking it in and knowing I was the only singular owner of my car that just brings a smile to my face...

Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 AM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
Faster usually gets my vote.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
+1 for the 2015

Old 10-07-2014, 10:19 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TSAF NKUF
Top speed is 2 mph higher with the '14 Turbo S, and the Turbo S has 30 more HP. The '15 Turbo with Sport Chrono is supposed to be 0.2 seconds quicker to 60, probably as a result of the "Performance Start" feature.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Ted
Yes and probably better airflow with the new front end, and all for $25-30K cheaper too! That's the good or sucky part depending on what side of the fence you're on. Honestly I think Porsche realized they had the Cayenne priced too high for 2013. This new President/regime is pretty radical as they head for total global auto domination. I mean I've been looking for a year and I keep coming back and saying to myself, "I'm not paying $170K for a Porsche Cayenne, its ridiculous!". I mean "value" has to come into play somewhere. I will pay $130K though. And let's not forget that these 958's haven't been void of issues. I would certainly hope by MY '15 that some of those are worked out. It just seems its the right buy...

Last edited by Ted; 10-07-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:09 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Go for the 2015. Porsche dealers have something on their computer that shows a lot of different views where you can switch between same angle view of old vs. new. It doesn't seem like a lot of changes until you view it. The '15 just looks so much better. I can't wait to see them side by side in real life. Mine has a 10-19-14 build date.

Originally Posted by TSAF NKUF
Just add the GIAC software. My dealer already knows to add it along with Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes before I pick it up. Fortunately I have a mod friendly dealer.

Originally Posted by Ted
"I'm not paying $170K for a Porsche Cayenne, its ridiculous!".
My MSRP is 170,750.00. Call me ridiculous!!!!!!

Last edited by imcarnuts; 10-07-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Go for the 2015. Porsche dealers have something on their computer that shows a lot of different views where you can switch between same angle view of old vs. new. It doesn't seem like a lot of changes until you view it. The '15 just looks so much better. I can't wait to see them side by side in real life. Mine has a 10-19-14 build date.

Just add the GIAC software. My dealer already know to add it along with Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes before I pick it up. Fortunately I have a mod friendly dealer.

My MSRP is 170,750.00. Call me ridiculous!!!!!!

Whatever is beyond Ridiculous? That's what I'd call you.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
I have the GIAC on my CTTS.... definitely a noticeable improvement!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deciding Between 2014 Cayenne Turbo S (used) Vs 2015 Cayenne Turbo