Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2015 mult-function steering wheel retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 09:38 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mr. Big
I hear you went to an independent shop to code your car to make this work. I'm located in Los Angeles so can you tell me where you went? Thanks!
no coding was needed for me since I’m going from MF to MF and no heating so it was the simplest form of install. If you are going from sport design wheel with the stalk then coding will be necessary but that might required a trip to the dealer with proper equipment.

But I went to SPP (supreme power parts) in Fullerton for the Install. They can probably do the adapter and steering wheel swap in less than an hour second time around

good luck

Old 11-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Mr. Big is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^Thanks for the quick reply. I actually went to a dealer and they wouldn’t touch it because my car came with the stalk instead of the multifunction wheel so it’s not stock. I might try another dealer to see if they might be a bit more liberal for mods. BTW, the multifunction wheel has already been installed by me.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:55 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you'll find non official service with PIWIS... Not only dealer can code a car... If some code needed for this - pm me

Old 11-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Hi Serg124,

It seems I can't PM now... maybe it's because I'm new here so I left you a visitor message.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 AM
Hi Serg,

Yes, can yuo please email me the codes for coding a 991.2 to recognize a multifunction steering wheel? Thanks!

photoboy310@gmail.com

Steve

Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mr. Big
I hear you went to an independent shop to code your car to make this work. I'm located in Los Angeles so can you tell me where you went? Thanks!
You are that independent shop. All you need is an adapter from https://gpsadapter.us/products/stmv1-971

Old 07-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Elberoth is an unknown quantity at this point
+1

The adapter works great. I did the retrofit myself.

Old:

New:

Old 07-23-2018, 06:59 AM
jab23 has a spectacular aura aboutjab23 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great! Does anyone happen to know if they make a heated, NON multi function version of the new style wheel? As mentioned prior, I have a non multifunction wheel now and it's going to be too involved to switch to a multifinction (clock spring, levers, etc.). I don't need the controls, but really want the new look and paddle shifters! Thanks!

Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 AM
liyuans is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jab23
Looks great! Does anyone happen to know if they make a heated, NON multi function version of the new style wheel? As mentioned prior, I have a non multifunction wheel now and it's going to be too involved to switch to a multifinction (clock spring, levers, etc.). I don't need the controls, but really want the new look and paddle shifters! Thanks!
New steering wheel heating function different with old,so needed the adapter and modified heating switch.If old is none heated steering wheel,add heating function need replace clock spring to heating support,and buy ‘heating enable code’
Most of sport steering wheel upgrade to MF don’t need replace clock spring.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 AM
Thanks. My current wheel is heated, it just has no multifunction. I have the lever/stalk to control my screen in the gauge pod. This is my current wheel....

Definitely know I'll need the GPS adapter. Just figured it would be easiest plug and play to stick to a non multifunction wheel.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:43 AM
BTW...thanks for everyone's patience with me as I know I've asked a lot of questions in this thread.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:56 AM
liyuans is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jab23
Thanks. My current wheel is heated, it just has no multifunction. I have the lever/stalk to control my screen in the gauge pod. This is my current wheel....

Definitely know I'll need the GPS adapter. Just figured it would be easiest plug and play to stick to a non multifunction wheel.
Upgrade to new PDK none MF steering wheel with heating,install with gpsadapter,It’s plug&play.
This none PDK none MF steering wheel Add multifunction is complex job......

Old 07-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Yup, thats what I think I want to do. Just need to know if there is even a new style wheel with heating, paddles, and NO multifunction that fits the Cayenne.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by atwong1
You are that independent shop. All you need is an adapter from https://gpsadapter.us/products/stmv1-971
That adapter only works when you want to adapt a newer multifunction wheel to a 991.1. I have a 991.2 so that adapter doesn't work.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:36 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Code MF

If you have wheel as before without buttons but would like FL wheel with multifunction you need code - i can help, and piwis to enter this code - look around you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 mult-function steering wheel retrofit