Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hopefully Coming Back To 958 CTT Ownership 28th Sep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 05:59 AM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
Hopefully Coming Back To 958 CTT Ownership 28th Sep

Hi all

Im hoping to be coming back to 958 CTT ownership, and this forum, on Monday 28th Sep with a white 2011, black sport design wheels, black exterior trim, black roof rails, running boards and a quite different Expresso & Cognac interior colour combo.

I sold my last 958 CTT for a new model 2013 Range Rover SDV8 and boy do I regret it, nice vehicle to look at and sit in but drives like sh*t, feels very heavy despite being aluminium because the torque is not accessible due to the throttle being very desensitized which gives lots of turbo lag and a feeling that its much slower than it is. LR claim its to aid the refinement but it just makes it feel slow.

Suspension was woeful too, still pitches and rolls a lot, dealer said all 2013 & 14 models drive that way so back to Porsche world for me.

The one I have gone for has lots of extra spec but doesn't have PTV. I will never track day it and actually thought the last one (that had it) felt quite mechanical at the rear wheels so perhaps not having it will make this Porsche perfect for me?

Its not from an OPC so will check it over thoroughly then look to put the Porsche warranty on it next year after the one that comes with it expires.

Fingers crossed its a good one, not seen it yet its getting detailed and wheel refurb tomorrow for me to travel Monday and pay / collect

May give it the IPD plenum and secondary cat treatment too once Im settled in with it again?

Thanks

Carl

Old 09-26-2015, 08:58 AM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
post some pics of the new acquisition when you get it. congrats!