Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

958 heated steering retrofit successful

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 12:09 PM
xbsa66 is an unknown quantity at this point
[I got allthe parts installed jus need a codeQUOTE=G_A;4764743]
Hi.I got allthe parts installed jus need a code

I can give you code. PM for details.

You need complete heated steering wheel, with separate 2 pin connector for heating and sensor pluged.

Regards,
Alex.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Hi Axex,
Are you saying you have a code ? If yes how can I get it? I'm new in this forum how can I reach you privately to discuss matter ?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:10 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Sam, Check message please.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Hi, got the code and coding done, but still can’t get a message that heater is on, what could be wrong? Checked all wiring everything connected right. Is there a fuse somewhere for a heated steering wheel ?

Old 02-06-2019, 10:30 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Button should be connected to control unit inside wheel. Did you get conpleted heated steering wheel? Used? Code steering heating in vihicle options?

Old 02-07-2019, 07:43 AM
It is new steering wheel new clock spring and new switch, rest was transferred from my old steering wheel, yes it is plugged in to control unit and it is coded. that is what strange about it looks like everything done in a right way, but still not working, I will check continuity of wiring and heater resistance, any other suggestions ?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:15 AM
F SANE IL is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking to do this in the very near future and wanted to confirm what I need to get. Is it true that I can just use the same clock spring module, but just need the steering wheel that has heated element and wire to plug into spring? Also, Can I get a steering wheel that doesn't have all the multi function items like mine and then move all my buttons and such to the new wheel that has nothing on it? All followed by a program code?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:39 AM
Here what you will need.

1 sterring wheel with heater option. Clock spring with heater option. New steering wheel controll module. The enabling code for heater on a steering wheel. Coding enabled scanner.
Originally Posted by F SANE IL
I'm looking to do this in the very near future and wanted to confirm what I need to get. Is it true that I can just use the same clock spring module, but just need the steering wheel that has heated element and wire to plug into spring? Also, Can I get a steering wheel that doesn't have all the multi function items like mine and then move all my buttons and such to the new wheel that has nothing on it? All followed by a program code?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by xbsa66
1 sterring wheel with heater option. Clock spring with heater option. New steering wheel controll module. The enabling code for heater on a steering wheel. Coding enabled scanner.
can you PM me some info please

Old 02-28-2019, 10:19 AM
what info do you need ?

Old 02-28-2019, 10:29 AM
the code

Old 02-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by xbsa66
what info do you need ?
Do you know the part numbers?

Old 03-01-2019, 07:59 AM
G_A
1st remove airbag and see on heting connector from spring. if pin is present - may be you are lucky. try to code first.

You can replace multifunction frame with buttons as you like, no problem.

Just need route heating button wires, IMO. I hope all inner elecroinics PRE FACELIFT STEERING WHEEL has no matter heated or not.

Enabling code cost some $, but in some cases used control module will allow you all features without re-coding.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by G_A
1st remove airbag and see on heting connector from spring. if pin is present - may be you are lucky. try to code first.

You can replace multifunction frame with buttons as you like, no problem.

Just need route heating button wires, IMO. I hope all inner elecroinics PRE FACELIFT STEERING WHEEL has no matter heated or not.

Enabling code cost some $, but in some cases used control module will allow you all features without re-coding.
Thanks, I'll try pulling out the airbag, but doubt its in there. If i was selling something that had options, I wouldn't spend money putting it in the car if it wasn't paid for already. I'm sure Porsche feels the same.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:12 AM
G_A
Suppose there was no assembly required on the unit and installed with heating))). the story is known as with 955-957

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 958 heated steering retrofit successful