Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Drop Links and Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 07:13 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Drop Links and Air Suspension

Recently put some drop links on my Cayenne. Honestly, they suck. Car goes down the road bouncing like a "Low Rida." Car wont reach lowest position anymore and this may be due to the extreme lengths that I have them at.

Does anyone know what length works best from center ball to center ball? I'm currently at 95mm as where the factory is at 70mm.

Also, has anyone used a longer length up front and a shorter length in the rear to make the car sit right? My car always looks like its dragging butt.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:22 AM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Throw them out they are garbage on the cayenne.

I also tried the cargraphic module. A little better but still not a solution imo. Rode poorly over potholes and the auto speed mph raise and relower only functioned when it wanted to. Zero tech support from cargraphic also. This is the same as the h&r module so spare yourself the aggravation.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:34 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Thanks Westsiderkg,

I have made some adjustments and feel that I may have the correct length now. Once i have the front and rear sitting right, I'll draw them up and print them using some high strength material.

I'm still interested in a few of the modules that are on the market though. I believe that the Techart module has an auto drop feature once you leave the car.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Edman951 is on a distinguished road
I plan to order some links to.
The module seems expensive for an electronic version of drop links.

To bad it doesnt do like on a Land Rover full drop when parked.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Edman951 is on a distinguished road
I am sure you just need to tune it out with the links.
Like any suspension, if you go too low. It rides bouncy and hits the bump stops.
Let us know the measurement of your findings.

I will share mine when i get them in a few weeks.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Thanks Edman951,

I did 78mm in the rear and 90mm in front.

Not the perfect setting. At this length, I'm still slightly riding the bumper on the airbag while in the 2nd lowest setting.

Car sits very well (front lower) and drives perfect in the middle setting.

Look forward to your feedback and settings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.