Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Dashboard Vents

Old 07-17-2017, 05:00 AM
Tomasz Zaremba is an unknown quantity at this point
Dashboard Vents

Hi 958-ers!
Tom here. just bought a 2011 Cayenne S! Happy new owner!

Is there a way to check in the catalog if the dashboard vents (silver) on the 958.1 are the same as 958.2?
I have 958.1 with vents that has started peeling and are in general bad shape and have found ones from a dismantled 958.2, but not sure if they are the same, as there is no part no on the ones from the dismantled car.

One of my part numbers is 7P5.819.727.

Thanks
Tom

Old 07-18-2017, 08:45 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
I know they're different from 2016 and prior to 2017, due to a change in the PCM screen.

Which year 958.2 is the donor?

Porsche Atlanta's website is sometimes helpful for things like this:
http://www.porscheatlantaperimeterpa...category=20116

But they don't call out the vents in the item list.

Searches elsewhere seem to indicate that part works from '11 through '16. But I'd call a local dealer parts department and ask for the part number for the years from your dismantled one.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:57 AM
Thank you! I will check with the seller for the VIN and the PCM screen, good tip!

I have checked catalogs as well and they indicate up to end of 16 model year uses the same vents. I do not think the donor is such a fresh vehicle (17 model year).
Tom

Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Tangentially, I do not know if the only difference between 11-16 and 17, as it concerns the PCM, is just the center vents and the PCM. I've no idea if anything else around there changed also. I mention this because there's always some interest in upgrading from one PCM version to another. I don't believe it'd work, even if everything fit. The vehicle itself needs to be programmed by a dealer system to recognize all of it's components. And that programming comes from Porsche, not based on hardware present in the vehicle. So just changing the PCM won't be enough, and Porsche has made it clear in the past that upgrades of this sort are to be handled by purchasing the newer model vehicle. I held out and ordered a '17 to get it and have been reasonably pleased with it.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:45 AM
I am not trying to replace my screen so no issues here. It was more to make sure I am getting correct vents for my car.
I have another question - why there is 2 different types of part numbers:
catalog shows part number 958.552.727 and the part itself has got 7P5.819.727.
It has nothing to do with part number upgrades as they show as letters at the end of the part code.
Just trying to understand the methodology!

Old 03-21-2020, 10:08 PM
samuell is an unknown quantity at this point
@Suncoast parts is nearly $170 for each and I need to change all 6 in my car (4 Front Dashboard + 2 Rear centre dash panel).
Wondering if there is any alternative to this?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.