Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New to me 2015 Cayenne S: Looking for mod feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
New to me 2015 Cayenne S: Looking for mod feedback

Hello Porsche enthusiasts! I just picked up a new to me 2015 Porsche Cayenne S this weekend with only about 15k Miles. Carerrra white with black interior, will post some pictures soon. I’m not new to Porsches as I have a 997 turbo manual stable mate already in the garage. I was torn between the Cayenne S and a Macan Turbo but ultimately decided on the Cayenne based in the more luxurious interior space and size. The Macan turbo just felt too small and cramped in side and I wasn’t all that impressed with the performance.

Here’s my question and seeking the groups feedback. Any modifications you all would recommend that are the typical first to do’s with these vehicles. First thing I would look to do is replace the current wheels/tires. It has the 20 inch turbo style wheels but looks very basic. Is there a recommended style and size to upgrade 2? I was looking on eBay and seem to like the 21 inch GTS style turbo wheels in polished finish. Have most of you upgraded to 21 inch wheels or is 22 inch a better purchase?
I also think the vehicle needs lowering slightly. What option is there to lowering it and does anyone have pictures who has done it. Not much research feedback online. I believe H&R has lowering springs an option which lowers it a little over an inch.
I haven’t seen any tuning options for this which surprises me given it’s a twin turbo V6 but if anyone has further intel, please let me know.

Thanks,
Daniel

Old 11-08-2017, 11:00 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
21" wheels are about at the outside edge of the comfort range. A number of people who've put 22" rims on have complained about the decrease in ride comfort. It's a form or function sort of thing. Would you rather look cool, or be able to drive the thing without worrying about every pothole?

Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM
DrBillyD is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 CTTS

I have 21" wheels with Michelin Latitude 3 on now; OEM were P Zeroes.

Just switched out to winter wheels which are 19" with Blizzaks.

Pics aren't my own wheels, but that's what they look like.

My impressions:

Michelins ride better than P Zeroes.

Ride comfort much nicer with winter wheels/tires compared to summer setup. Not too surprising. Personally, I don't think I'd want to go bigger than 21" wheels.

The look? Eh, everybody's got an opinion I guess. My rig is all black and both sets of wheels are all black as well so look is not that much different between summer and winter setups, though the increased sidewall is noticeable on the winter set.

Though I've never driven/ridden in a Cayenne with 22" wheels, I'd be hesitant. Not saying it can't be done, and everybody's preference for ride vs. looks is unique, but at the least I'd suggest trying to find a rig with 22" rims and try it out before you commit to it. Local PCA chapter perhaps???

In terms of handling, I don't notice much difference but I don't drive very aggressively.

Blizzaks are amazing snow/ice tire. Prior to this I'd used studded tires (long, long ago) and the Blizzaks are almost as good as studded tires but with much less noise, much improved ride quality and they don't tear up your driveway and garage. Probably overkill for where I live but I do road trips to northern destinations and Colorado in the winter and need them for that.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image2-3.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	515782  
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the quick feedback everyone. Here's what I have lined up right now. Mine is a Cayenne S in Carrera White so it has more brushed aluminum components. My 997 is black with black wheels etc.

Tint for the windows
I picked up a nice set of 21 inch wheels (see picture)
Went with the ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires (needed all weather)
Picked up a set of H&R sport lowering springs, I think this lowers it about 1.2 to 1.5 inches. Mine doesn't have PASM or air suspension so figured this would be the easiest most cost effective way to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.