Is durametric useless for the 958? - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Is durametric useless for the 958?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:32 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Is durametric useless for the 958?

Hey guys....trying to scan a check engine light and read the following fault codes. I can not find these codes on any forum or list of fault codes. Does anyone know what they are or seen them before? Is there a better tool for pulling codes out of the 958?

Old 10-11-2018, 07:23 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
well I uninstalled all durametric software and drivers and then installed this version that was given to me by Durametric tech support:
http://www.durametric.com/durametric6.5.5.11.exe

I rescanned and now pulled some codes that at least make a bit more sense. How they translate to the Cayenne..I am still trying to figure out

P1109

P0307

P0339

Old 10-12-2018, 12:58 PM
deilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond reputedeilenberger has a reputation beyond repute
Tank system major leak - that seems a rather straight-forward code. Is the gas cap on tight? Is the gas cap still good? (Check it for cracking rubber seals..) The other two are interesting - they mean the pre-cat O2 sensors aren't responding in the amount of time the ECU expects. If there is the capability of graphing the output of them, I'd suggest doing that from a cold start. They should start reponding within about 30 seconds if the heaters are working. If the heaters on both aren't working, I'd be looking at fuses..

Old 10-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post
Tank system major leak - that seems a rather straight-forward code. Is the gas cap on tight? Is the gas cap still good? (Check it for cracking rubber seals..) The other two are interesting - they mean the pre-cat O2 sensors aren't responding in the amount of time the ECU expects. If there is the capability of graphing the output of them, I'd suggest doing that from a cold start. They should start reponding within about 30 seconds if the heaters are working. If the heaters on both aren't working, I'd be looking at fuses..

Ok, so cap was a bit loose in my opinion (have instructed wife on how to properly close) and for good measure I ordered a new one as the rubber seal in the cap looked a bit beat up.

More importantly....Durametric tech support was able to help me get the proper codes out of the durametric. Updating to the latest version with drivers was step one...followed by getting the fault codes from the side menu Engine module as opposed to running short test on all modules. You can see the two separate results obtained (left side running direct from module/right side by running all short test command)

The codes pulled on the left at least tie out to the descriptions. I cleared codes and will see if they come back. If the code comes back and it was not the cap...and it sounds like the problem lies in the EVAP system. Either leak detectors or vacuum pumps (quick searches on the codes only brought back older Cayenne threads)

Hopefully this helps someone in the future!