Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Weird noise while braking CTT 957

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 04:01 PM
vchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to behold
Weird noise while braking CTT 957

Today while driving on the highway at around 85miles/h I needed to brake not hard but rather moderately because of sudden traffic in front. While braking I heard a noise and felt it at the brake pedal. Brakes felt good but it was like grinding between the rotors and something metal or Harder than the pads. It occured 2-3 times but when I tried to replicate it with empty road nothing happened.
Even tried hard on the brakes and still nothing. When I exited the Highway I dropped the windows and tried some moderate braking with 30-50 miles but nothing again.

I know my pads and rotors are almost due, Rear: 4000km, Fronts: 5000-6000km. Pads are squeaky a lot.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-09-2015, 01:47 PM
vchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to behold
No one??

Old 09-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Banned
SI-CO 13 is on a distinguished road
pads sound like they are shot.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
timwu12 is on a distinguished road
I believe they put more metallic compounds in the pad as it gets closer to the backing plate to warn you that your brakes are almost out.

Try replacing the components and see if it changes anything, but if you get new pads or rotors, make sure you properly bed them in before going hard on the brakes

Old 09-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by timwu12
I believe they put more metallic compounds in the pad as it gets closer to the backing plate to warn you that your brakes are almost out.

Try replacing the components and see if it changes anything, but if you get new pads or rotors, make sure you properly bed them in before going hard on the brakes
Thanks man, I thought that too. Although when I asked the tech at the stealer he told me no way.
To have piece of mind I already ordered new rotors and pads (not at the stealer)!!!