Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2011 CTT rough idle

Old 04-03-2017, 07:00 PM
D8TA is an unknown quantity at this point
Having the same problem!

I have a Cayenne 2011 3.6 base model. Replaced the spark plugs, coil and 3 fuel injectors at this point and the car is still doing that strange buckle/vibration thing and the CEL is back on. My car is reading P2312 misfire code. We now think it's a bad coil driver in the ECM or a short in the wiring harness.

What do you guys think? I'm desperate to solve this problem.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

Old 04-06-2017, 01:32 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
battery or dfi pump ?

Old 04-06-2017, 05:40 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D8TA
I have a Cayenne 2011 3.6 base model. Replaced the spark plugs, coil and 3 fuel injectors at this point and the car is still doing that strange buckle/vibration thing and the CEL is back on. My car is reading P2312 misfire code. We now think it's a bad coil driver in the ECM or a short in the wiring harness.

What do you guys think? I'm desperate to solve this problem.

Did you ever resolve this issue?
I seem to recall answering your questions on this problem on another forum, or here in another thread. It was an extensive answer with troubleshooting steps given.

Have you seen that? Or has the problem gone away and you did too - never to let us know what the outcome was?

BTW - posting your problem with your 3.6L base model in someone else's thread about a 4.8L turbo problem in the TURBO subforum probably isn't going to get the attention it might if it was a separate thread in the correct subforum with a proper title. Just sayin..

Last edited by deilenberger; 04-06-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:44 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Ah - found it. It's closer but no banana. You posted it in the general Cayenne forum. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ease-help.html

At least you had the year in there and the misfire code. I think you might do well to ask the moderators to move it to the 958 subforum. That's where it actually belongs.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:02 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deilenberger
If 3 coil packs went bad - the other 5 are waiting to fail. Do them ALL at once.

I would agree wholeheartedly. I had a Lincoln a few years back that they kept replacing one or two at a time under warranty. Aggravating to have to go back 5-6 times before all 8 were finally replaced.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:51 PM
killerslp is an unknown quantity at this point
so replacing the remaining coil packs made the problem worse and caused the check engine to stay lit. This was likely just a coincidence, as I couldn't find anything on the error codes at the time I ended up taking it to the dealer and turned out to be a valve lift solenoid part # 948-105-308-03 this appears to have fixed the issue. Engine is running smooth at idle and check engine is gone. Need to test it longer but incase anyone else sees the same problem hope this information helps.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.