Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

'11 CTT - ECU adaptations - and turbos..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:12 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
'11 CTT - ECU adaptations - and turbos..

Anyone have a feel for how much effect the engine adaptation built into the ECU changes turbo operation?

The adaptation is supposed to optimize engine operation for the driver's driving style. I'll admit to mostly driving like a little old man (which I am.. )

On the multi-display I have up on one line the boost gauge. And once in a while I watch it. When I'm first in line at the stop-light Gran'Prix I'll accelerate with some vigor - but almost never full throttle.

Being NJ - I also rarely get to exercise "Sport" mode.

So - I watch the boost gauge sometimes, and rarely see any life there. Once in a great while it will get up to 0.4-Bar and last week with a concerted effort on an on-ramp to the Garden State Parkway (nominal average speed there is about 80mph..) I got it up to 0.6-Bar.

Thing is - I remember it being much more lively when I first got it. Part of that was undoubtedly "Lets see what this sucker will do.." sort of stuff, but overall, I seem to recall it was more responsive to the fun pedal.

I should note that I did drive it from NJ to CA to NJ back in November - and achieved an average MPG of 21 MPG pretty consistently (figured from the actual fuel used/miles-traveled), so yeah - I was ******* it I guess (if you can dog it at 80MPH, or the one stretch in Arizona that was 90 MPH..)

What do YOU see on your boost gauge? I know the 955/957 has one as part of the instrument cluster, and the 958 TT guys - you can display it on the cluster, just takes a few button pushes.

I'm wondering what would happen if I cleared the adaptations, easy to do with the iCarScan. Doing this according to iCarScan not only clears the engine adaptations, it clears out the transmission adaptations too.

Do it or not? Let me know what you see on your boost gauge.

Last edited by deilenberger; 01-24-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
I wanna know if everyone's 955 CTT actually pegs the needle, or holds a few ticks behind... like, just below the 0,8 bar mark?

Old 01-28-2017, 01:11 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
FWIW - I did manage to get mine to go to 0.6 Bar - in a very brief burst of acceleration whilst in Sport mode - from around 20MPH to 60MPH. It only stayed there for a few seconds - but that was probably because I was backing off due to a lack of clear road.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:52 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I have a tune and a few other bolt-ons but my 955 used to not only peg the needle and hold at .8bar but I added a P3 gauge that shows PSI and would regularly see readings well into the 13psi range with occasional forays into the 14+psi range.

I know the adaptation does make a difference. I've been working a lot of days and long hours so I have mainly been using mine for my work commute of about 4-5 miles. After a couple weeks of that the car is much milder than if I take it out and drive it aggressively. Lately I have something going on where it's only boosting about half value. Haven't had time to dig into it but took it out for some spirited driving late last night on the way home and best I saw was only mid 7psi range. So either it's adapted itself all the way down there or I have a pretty serious boost leak somewhere or possibly a combo of both. Not sure yet.

I might just try disconnecting the battery tonight when I get home and see what happens tomorrow. Simplest way I can think to rule out one possible issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.