Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Anyone know of an NGK copper plug for 957 TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 PM
AKrescue130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know of an NGK copper plug for 957 TT?

Like stated in the title, I'm having trouble finding a part number for a copper plug I can use in the 957 Cayenne TT. Does anyone know of a v-power plug that can be used in the 4.8? Thanks for the help!

Old 02-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Sourced one. LFR7A for a copper NGK plug. LFR7AIX for an iridium version. 7 is one step colder than stock. R7437-8 is an iridium racing plug that is 2 steps colder. R7437-9 Is 3 steps colder. Hope this helps anyone whos hunting for a colder copper or iridium plug from NGK

Old 02-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Copper requires more frequent replacement. Iridium or even plain Silver is the best...

Old 02-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Copper is the most conductive and the most resistant to spark blow out. I dont mind more frequent changes as I just do it with my oil change. Saying iridium or platinum is best really only relates to what your usage is. Plus they're dirt cheap!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AKrescue130
Copper is the most conductive and the most resistant to spark blow out. I dont mind more frequent changes as I just do it with my oil change. Saying iridium or platinum is best really only relates to what your usage is. Plus they're dirt cheap!
Smart man, and correct.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The dirt cheap I'll agree with. Superior - not so much. Conductivity at 40KV over a metal path that short isn't a big issue, The spark has to go through the gap - the energy has nowhere else to go. And how is it most resistant to spark blow out?

Cheap I'll give you. The other stuff - please point to the data supporting those claims. I'd like to learn..

BTW - question - why are you looking for a colder range plug? Are you seeing signs of detonation? Plug meltdown?

Old 03-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
The dirt cheap I'll agree with. Superior - not so much. Conductivity at 40KV over a metal path that short isn't a big issue, The spark has to go through the gap - the energy has nowhere else to go. And how is it most resistant to spark blow out?

Cheap I'll give you. The other stuff - please point to the data supporting those claims. I'd like to learn..

BTW - question - why are you looking for a colder range plug? Are you seeing signs of detonation? Plug meltdown?
My car is sitting about 100hp over stock so i wanted to go a heat range colder. Plus I drive it pretty hard. And I stand corrected about the plug after doing more research. It's always nice to have intelligent conversations! I ended up going with an NGK iridium plug with a gap of .029"

Old 03-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
My car is sitting about 100hp over stock so i wanted to go a heat range colder. Plus I drive it pretty hard. And I stand corrected about the plug after doing more research. It's always nice to have intelligent conversations! I ended up going with an NGK iridium plug with a gap of .029"
Well the iridium aren't going to make any more power they will just make the same power longer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.