Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2012 CTT Music stopped

Old 03-27-2017, 06:53 PM
UR BEHIND ME is on a distinguished road
2012 CTT Music stopped

Need some help...please OK I have a 2012 CTT, one day got in drove for about an hour with music, parked for a few hours and got back in to drive home...music stopped. My PCM works everything does as far as screen, phone pairing, showing music is playing just no sound from any speaker. I've checked fuses, my first thought was the amp for all the speakers was bad not subwoofer amp. My question/s are wouldn't the sub amp still push the sub and it would have sound? Or is it most likely the PCM itself...all the other posts I've read about similar issues are different than mine...I have never had the screen go out(black out) and never has it started to work again once it first went out. No tunes with Bermester upgrade really sucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I drive a ton, and lets just say, the stereo sounded better when working, than my vocals belting out the same tune. Thanks again

Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 PM
BladeMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Does FM radio work?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:57 PM
It shows that it is working, you can change stations and everything but no sound

Old 03-31-2017, 12:21 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I haven't had that problem. I have had the screen freeze while the radio is playing after the car is off and key removed.

Radio kept playing even after I got out and locked the car.

The only thing that reset it was restarting the car.

I have found that forcing a reset on your apps (I use Spotify) works to reconnect but, I haven't seen the black screen you mentioned.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Thank you for your input, I'm thinking it's the PCM... just hate to spend that much more cash on this vehicle... If there's anymore ideas... Please do tell, ill update once new PCM is installed.
Thank you and have a great day!!

Old 03-31-2017, 06:38 PM
BladeMD is an unknown quantity at this point
There has to be a way to test the amps within the system. I'd pull the PCM and make sure all connections are solid, and then see if you can test the amps also before you buy a new PCM.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Sybco is on a distinguished road
Maybe try to turn off the head unit,,,long press the volume button,,,screen should go dark. Then restart with another volume button click

Old 04-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by BladeMD
There has to be a way to test the amps within the system. I'd pull the PCM and make sure all connections are solid, and then see if you can test the amps also before you buy a new PCM.
Perfect I'll have that done first, always start cheapest and work your way up... Thank you for the input on this... Damn anything pretty much but my tunes

Old 04-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sybco
Maybe try to turn off the head unit,,,long press the volume button,,,screen should go dark. Then restart with another volume button click
I will also try that, haven't heard of this one...def willing to give anything a shot... Thank you for your input... Much appreciated

Old 04-05-2017, 09:13 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I'm sure there is some magic button press sequence to "reset" the PCM, but I've never seen it listed for the 3.0 and up PCM's. It was commonly known on the 2.1 to do this when it stopped working. I'd be pressing buttons..

Old 04-05-2017, 09:24 AM
I know I had a 04 CTT, and the button pushing I became good at I've been look for the magic sequence, but have yet to find. Thanks for your input

Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Burmester amp

Well it appears that it is indeed the Burmester amp for the mids and highs that is out...Does anyone either fix these things?, or does anyone know of any remans that maybe available, the 1700 on a new one is my last resort. thanks for any help or advice

Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UR BEHIND ME
Well it appears that it is indeed the Burmester amp for the mids and highs that is out...Does anyone either fix these things?, or does anyone know of any remans that maybe available, the 1700 on a new one is my last resort. thanks for any help or advice
Neither Porsche nor Burmester make the hardware.. so I'd look to see who does. Chances are it's some company like Becker or Blaupunkt.

https://www.service-center-locator.c...ice-center.htm

AH-HA: http://beckerautosound.com/ - shows PCM repairs right on the front page of their website. Worth contacting them IMHO. Let us know if they can help..

Old 04-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Will do, thanks for your help... Much appreciated

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.