Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Calling on the PCM Experts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Calling on the PCM Experts...

First things FIRST. I want to retain the OEM look and maintain my SiriusXM SAT radio features and 2-year subscription.

My 2006 CTT PCM 2.1 has suddenly stopped working. It is somehow stuck in some sort of "boot loop" mode, where it is trying to power-up... but never finishes the task. This is evidenced by the initial, Porsche "welcome screen" for 28 seconds... and then it goes black, without ever making a sound. After this blackout, there appears to be some sort of faint lighting changes on the PCM screen, but never fully opening-up to the radio tuner, by default.

I have tried the keypad hard reset of 1/4/8 multiple times... all to no avail. I have pulled fuses and still nada. The center dash cluster shows no compass, no Radio Off indication, no night illumination of SAT/NAV buttons... absolutely nothing. It's like the PCM unit doesn't even exist.

I have concluded the warranty PCM unit is already bad again. Yes, this Harman-Becker unit has already been replaced by the previous owner's CPO. I have an opportunity to buy a discounted, 2005 CTT PCM(#7L5.035.191L). The only differences are no pesky phone SIM tray and the SAT Radio is activated by pushing a physical SAT button, just above the numeric keypad(photo #1). The dead, 2007 warranty radio (#7L5.035.192C - photo#2) access SAT radio, via the TUNER button and (to me) does not look like a candidate for another, third direct replacement, especially if these 2006-2008 units have a known failure rate.

My final question is - can the 2005 unit still work with the Sirius SAT model in the 2006, without issues? Chime-in, please!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_pcm_sat.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	473363   Click image for larger version

Name:	pcm_2007.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	473364  

Last edited by Zuffenhausen955; 04-04-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I don't know the answer for sure but can tell you my 2055 had Sirius radio. Where I live I got extra lousy reception though so I shut it off after a couple months. Nothing drives me crazier than passing a tree and having the song cut out.

I don't know if the units are interchangeable though.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
I was told the older, top unit will require considerable dealer coding, as it will essentially have to be "forward-compatible." I have to purchase the replacement PCM of the same series (2006-2008) and have nearly identical features (Bose, Compass, SAT radio) coded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.