Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2011 CTT Muffler noise

Old 05-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Robare is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2011 CTT Muffler noise

Hey Porsche Community, I'm seeking input please. My 2011 Cayenne Turbo's muffler has developed a nasty rattle, not RPM dependent, it sounds like one or more of the baffles have come loose internally and are rattling around. As this is a sealed unit, I'm seeking any expertise or advice to confirm a new muffler is needed before plunking down $2k (rough minimum) to replace her, and are there any concerns about driving it this way while I figure this out. Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Robare
Hey Porsche Community, I'm seeking input please. My 2011 Cayenne Turbo's muffler has developed a nasty rattle, not RPM dependent, it sounds like one or more of the baffles have come loose internally and are rattling around. As this is a sealed unit, I'm seeking any expertise or advice to confirm a new muffler is needed before plunking down $2k (rough minimum) to replace her, and are there any concerns about driving it this way while I figure this out. Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
if you can isolate roughly where the noise is coming from you can probably have a muffler shop cut open the muffler, repair the loose pipe and weld it shut again. Alternatively, maybe post a WTB ad for a used one where someone has upgraded theirs.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks, that's great advice.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:05 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I have my stock one but it is HEAVY and large. Would probably be very spendy to ship. I'd check with a good local shop first. Or just rip it off and put some aftermarket mufflers in there.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
As a point of information, I shipped my OEM Turbo S muffler from SC to MA using Greyhound freight for $93

Old 05-18-2017, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the shipping reference cost.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Good advice on seeking a local shop.
Regarding your stock one, would you be willing to sell it if I pay the shipping?
Thanks,
-R

Old 05-22-2017, 11:19 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Good advice on seeking a local shop.
Regarding your stock one, would you be willing to sell it if I pay the shipping?
Thanks,
-R

Honestly? Probably not just because I don't want to go through the hassle of packaging it up and getting it to a Greyhound place (the closest one to me is probably 50 miles away or so). Mine is a 2005 for one thing so I'm not even sure it would fit yours.

If you absolutely don't come up with another solution let me know and I'll see.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Understood, thanks

Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 AM
Understood, thanks

I never say never though. Did you find anything out yet?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.