Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Cayenne hood vents?

Old 06-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Aparke4 is on a distinguished road
Cayenne hood vents?

Hi all-

Long time browser but not a big poster... anyways I have a new to me 04 CTT and the hood and fenders are super hot to the touch as the heat from the turbos has nearly no where to go! After a 20 min drive it’s hot- radiator and cooling system all functions as it should.

I have seen a few good aftermarket carbon and fiberglass hoods that have heat extraction vents and after replacing starter and a lot of brittle pcv lines and such to pass SMOG (CA) I think that heat soak from turbos shortens the life of a lot of components under the hood.

Has any one attempted home made hood vents?

I will post some thoughts/ pics soon as well.

Thx!

Old 06-07-2019, 03:44 PM

Old 06-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Old 06-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Simple Dimple Die pattern idea:

Old 06-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
I was more concerned about protecting the paint on my hood from the heat than extracting it so I made a custom hood heat shield pad. The front openings in my widebody bumper setup are so big that all that air coming in has to be going somewhere (probably out between the cowl and trailing edge of the hood) and taking the heat with it. On a regular Turbo, I think one of those aggressive hood designs might look out of place without corresponding body mods that match it.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Petza914
I was more concerned about protecting the paint on my hood from the heat than extracting it so I made a custom hood heat shield pad. The front openings in my widebody bumper setup are so big that all that air coming in has to be going somewhere (probably out between the cowl and trailing edge of the hood) and taking the heat with it. On a regular Turbo, I think one of those aggressive hood designs might look out of place without corresponding body mods that match it.

Thanks for the follow up. I agree the aggressive hood would look out of the way and while it’s not a bad deal at 450$ish, I would hate to have a aftermarket hood off on the body lines because that’s what you look at all the time! I am concerned about underhood heat and also looked at the back seal and possibly removing that in two sections to allow heat to escape out at the cowl with no other modifications.

thats a awesome heatshield^

The vents on the hood though seem to be in the right location though for the low pressure radiator and side exit heat locations wear the turbos are. Here is a example of a color matched hood with no body kit. I have a 955 so it’s not going to look the same:

Old 06-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Here is another example of what I could do/ modify a stock hood and add the metal mesh behind: