Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S '04 - Not starting and new owner...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:55 PM
emp3ror is on a distinguished road
Cayenne S '04 - Not starting and new owner...

Hello everyone,

Last week i bought my first porsche cayenne after a lot of searching and reading to this wonderful forum.
My car is a 04 model, with 150K miles, one owner all services and maintenance done on Porsche dealer. Carfax clean, and i drove it for 3 hours before i bought it.

Immediately after i got the car i did oil & filter change, and then i gone to Formula Motorports on LIC (i'm from NY) to change the tires with the continental DSW.

So far so good, the car was a complete new experience for me & my wife, not only for the power but for the stiff ride and the quality after so many miles.

Two days ago i tried to ignite the car and i got a warning message about PSM failure. I did a quick run through the forum and i show that if i move the key clockwise it resets, and that's what actually happen. The same day at the evening i tried again to turn the car on, it cranked all the time but the engine wasn't starting.

I did probably more than 50 tries turning on and off the key, waiting some time and going on again, but same results. Yesterday i thought that maybe the battery is dead, and i cable the battery with my other car. The cranking sound was a bit more live now, but still close but no cigar...

Long story short, i brought and paid a guy from a battery shop. He measured the battery and told me that it was good, but i insist to change it. New battery same results, turn on the old battery again because it was only two months old. Meanwhile through many tries the car got various warning messages from ABS failure up to 4x4 failure, and many times it wasn't even able to recognize that i was pushing the brake pedal.

I'm really frustrated, cause it's my first porsche and i was advised from many people that i shouldn't take this car if i'm not able to service it by myself (and of course i'm not-have no idea what's going on).

I tow the car to another guy which i read about on the forums, fransesco on 45th Ave on LIC. He put on the diagnostic tool and he came up with around 50! faults. Of course i scared to death with that, and he told me that i have to leave the car there and he's going to call me about the cost of the repair.

Any ideas, would be really appreciated and many thanks for your time to read this long post.

Last edited by emp3ror; 08-09-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
emp3ror is on a distinguished road
Update:
The mechanic found out that there were many leaves on the water relief tubes, and the rain was coming inside the engine. In addition to this the fuse box was left open (this is because the dealer i bought the car had dropped it to a random service garage on brooklyn), and there was 5'' of water over there.

Until now the engine module seems that is burned, and the starter need rebuild, still without the car, and still no idea how much this will cost.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 PM
williamr91 is on a distinguished road
Seems like a good indy you took it to. Both of those items shouldn't be too expensive...I guess that is subjective but it shouldn't be more than a few k.