Sponsored by:

Leistung Motorsports stole my money

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Leistung Motorsports stole my money

Now that I have your attention....

I ordered an intake and 3" bypass pipes from Rob @ Leistung back in the 3rd week of June. I was under the impression at the time of the sale that these items were in stock, in fact they were not. That'll teach me not to verify before purchasing.

I went from Leistung because I found one of the other front-running vendors a bit pushy and not too knowledgeable about the parts, not to mention they were more expensive.

Going back and forth with e-mails and updates from Rob, eventually I find out that Hank at Hanskville Hot Rods had purchased Leistung/taken over fabrication of parts. So When I went to order a downpipe and plenum (save your boos and hisses about the plenum) it was through a different vendor, Hank.

Hank always answers his phone, e-mails are quick, nice fellow, good customer service. Rob is the polar opposite (aside from the nice, in my experience anyhow)

Weeks go by and I ask for an update a month later. I start getting process updates, such as "we are doing _____" so it'll be ____ days. Well, I was promised these pipes here the 3rd week of July.

When talking with Hank, he had no clue about the intake as it was purchased through Rob. Rob was less than quick to respond about what was going on with all of this and they had "no record" that I had even ordered an intake, despite both the intake and bypass pipes were on the same order.

Hank isn't able to do much in this situation aside from forward me to Rob and hound Rob with me. I called Rob last week and left a voicemail. I tried this week and the number at the shop is now DISCONNECTED. Rob is apparently "on vacation" and had shipped my parts but did not provide a tracking number to Hank, nor did I receive any email updates from UPS or USPS or what have you.

Now only has Rob failed to call me back, his shop number is disconnected, but he lets my phone calls go to voicemail all the while he is texting Hank. Hank had said he received a text a few minutes ago from Rob, so hank gave me Rob's cell #. Guy won't answer my calls.

I have not been belligerent or rude at this point at all. Of course this went through Paypal and is beyond 45 days at this point. I'm not worried about a resolution here. Just thought I'd share my experience.

As far as a timeline of events:

June 18 - Order placed and paid for
June 26 - Plenum added to order, was told 3-5 days
July 15 - Email follow-up, response same day confirming bypass pipes were ready to ship
July 17 - Talked about adding downpipes, was told all items were ready to ship "early next week"

That is the last bit of email correspondence I have. At this point I was resorting to phone calls.

July 28 - 9 minute duration call in which I was told that the downpipes were shipping, and then the bypass and intake issue was "skirted" somewhat.

Basically since the end of July there's been the odd call here and there once a week to see what's going on.

The last update last week is that "worst case scenario" Hank was going to fab the intakes and they'd be powder coated these first few days and could be sent out end of the week.

At this point it now seems like the responsibility is being pushed back onto Rob and that I'm expected to resolve it with him.

I haven't been to Colorado ever, heard it's a gorgeous state.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
How did you pay the pay-pal payment though. For ones like this that I don't know I still use a credit card even if it's through pay-pal. I disputed my charge from him with both pay-pal and my credit card company. Neither has been resolved but my CC company already credited my account.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
955 benjamin is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking about buying bypass from hot rods any recommendation shipping time quality or just go to evoms ?

Old 08-18-2014, 10:50 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Simply go to your credit card company or PayPal and file your dispute. It should be taken care of in a few days.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:32 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 955 benjamin
I'm thinking about buying bypass from hot rods any recommendation shipping time quality or just go to evoms ?
There may be, ok almost likely will be, others who will chime in on this but I wouldn't touch 'em until they can prove they have completely taken over and can deliver as promised. Just my opinion though so take that for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by denversteve
Simply go to your credit card company or PayPal and file your dispute. It should be taken care of in a few days.
I did but Mang's went past 45 days with Paypal which is the limit for disputing a transaction. Hence my comment above to him asking if he had used a credit card even through paypal. Not sure about his answer though.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Ive talked to Hank thru email about picking up primary and secondary deletes, still hesitant to pull the trigger because of these threads coming up. I know its technically a different company, but I don't particularly want to be the guinea pig just in case....

Old 08-19-2014, 12:23 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
I ordered a set on EBay from Hanks and received in 3 days. This was 2 weeks ago FYI.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
Stay away

So, I got a phone call last night from Rob, finally, confirming what Hank told me which was that Rob is on holidays but the bypass pipes and intake were shipped prior to that. I never got an email with tracking #'s or anything so I guess I'll wait for those.

Hank wasn't looking to remedy this situation as when I made the purchase, the money went to Rob and Rob's company so with that consideration, why would Hank help me out? Admittedly it might have been easier/quicker or helped save some face for Hank to make this right, ship me these things and settle up with Rob since they're in the same damn city.

I will NOT recommend either of these companies nor individuals to work with.

Use this as a cautionary tale.

*as it's not clear, the plenum and downpipes were shipped and received within a reasonable timeframe as they were already fabbed*