Where to take car besides Porsche for maintence

Old 06-28-2015, 05:45 PM
twentynine is on a distinguished road
Where to take car besides Porsche for maintence

Hello

Any recommendations for a less expensive option where to take car for maintenance besides Porsche in the Sarasota area?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Any independent, that has the service reset tools can cheaply do all maintenance. My oil changes are only $145. That is cheaper than buying all the oil/parts and doing it myself!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:09 PM
jfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to beholdjfondren3 is a splendid one to behold
I guess it also depends on how far you want to drive. I used to go to an independent mechanic in North Tampa for my Cayenne and the wife's Boxster when we had them and lived there.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:59 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I buy the Oil @ Walmart 28 bucks for 5 qt, then 2 additonal singles
Filter on Amazon and hardware. 39 in labor @ local Jiffy lube.

Pads, Hardware, Sensors, and Rotors online too.....pelican, amazon, autohauz depending on sales. Just for Brakes installs for 100 in labor.

TCV bought from Remax, done @ local shop next door to me. 300 bucks.

Cardan shaft online, same little neighbrohood shop.

Stopped going to stealership when they charged me 150 for a new halogen bulb and I found out how easy it is to replace in 5 minutes.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
This website here can help you out with finding independent Porsche shops in your area. If you're at all DIY inclined, you can do some maintenance yourself to help save some money. Depending on what Cayenne year/model you have, we have some good tech articles here. Also, have lots of performance, aftermarket and Genuine Porsche parts here.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 08-01-2015, 05:03 AM
disden will become famous soon enough
I take my CD to the local VW dealer for the ridiculous 5k mile oil changes, only costs about $100. For the 10k services I go to the actual Porsche dealer.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Banned
SI-CO 13 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cordsig79
I buy the Oil @ Walmart 28 bucks for 5 qt, then 2 additonal singles
Filter on Amazon and hardware. 39 in labor @ local Jiffy lube.

Pads, Hardware, Sensors, and Rotors online too.....pelican, amazon, autohauz depending on sales. Just for Brakes installs for 100 in labor.

TCV bought from Remax, done @ local shop next door to me. 300 bucks.

Cardan shaft online, same little neighbrohood shop.

Stopped going to stealership when they charged me 150 for a new halogen bulb and I found out how easy it is to replace in 5 minutes.
Jiffy lube?? Hahaha. That's the reason you don't buy these cars used without ALL service records. And people wonder why they have problems. Improper Maintainence is the primary cause of breakdowns.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by SI-CO 13
Jiffy lube?? Hahaha. That's the reason you don't buy these cars used without ALL service records. And people wonder why they have problems. Improper Maintainence is the primary cause of breakdowns.
Running over 180k miles, original owner and been doing my preferred maintenance since 50k miles.

Everyone has a way of doing things, because it is not your method does not invalidate the approach.

Neglect is usually the cause of breakdowns, not improper maintenance.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Banned
Running over 180k miles, original owner and been doing my preferred maintenance since 50k miles.

Everyone has a way of doing things, because it is not your method does not invalidate the approach.

Neglect is usually the cause of breakdowns, not improper maintenance.
Please do more research. Improper maintenance is the #1 cause of breakdowns. Jiffy lube is prob one of the WORST places to take your car for an oil change. If you cant afford or are too cheap to get it done right from the dealer, maybe you should look into owning a cheaper car.
Its people like you is the reason why we NEED all service records when you buy a used car. Thats why a car with full service records is worth more then a car that has nothing. Or jiffy lube receipts.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Please do more research. Improper maintenance is the #1 cause of breakdowns. Jiffy lube is prob one of the WORST places to take your car for an oil change. If you cant afford or are too cheap to get it done right from the dealer, maybe you should look into owning a cheaper car.
Its people like you is the reason why we NEED all service records when you buy a used car. Thats why a car with full service records is worth more then a car that has nothing. Or jiffy lube receipts.
Buy new or go home NY, if you want to talk about affordable...lol your next post is "New to me"......I can afford new but I like my same Cayenne I bought NEW from the dealer.

If you pay attention to the sub, it's fairly easy to see it's an alternative repair thread and you are just a troll.

If you knew anything on Oil changes, filter, plug, oil and it's fairly easy to outsource the labor process.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
There is no need for personal attacks. Please remain respectful of other forum members. This is a place for the free exchange of experiences to aid enthusiasts. Its foolish to think there is only one way to do things

Old 09-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Banned
Buy new or go home NY, if you want to talk about affordable...lol your next post is "New to me"......I can afford new but I like my same Cayenne I bought NEW from the dealer.

If you pay attention to the sub, it's fairly easy to see it's an alternative repair thread and you are just a troll.

If you knew anything on Oil changes, filter, plug, oil and it's fairly easy to outsource the labor process.
when did I ever say I bought a used car? Never said that. Alot of people do. And thats why there are service records. If someone is going to spend $80K on a used car and the owner shows him jiffy lube receipts, just makes one think, what other maintenance items have been skimped on?? But you get what you pay for.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Rotor is on a distinguished road
Dealer = Stealer in this neck of the woods.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:40 AM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Ever since owning a Porsche, i believe not maintaining it at a Porsche dealer is doing the vehicle a dis service!! , also hurts re sale value! Just traded in my 997.2 911-GTS -2011 with 12500 miles, for a new 991-GT3, Got a good price because i kept all service records neatly in a folder. I does help!! Remember a good dealer is doing more than just a oil change, for 300$ they are also checking for, ofher issues!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Not true. An experienced independent with all the right tools is just as good as the $tealer....for less than 1/2 price. I was paying $260 for my Cayenne 4-wheel alignments at the $tealer, until I discovered a local indy tire shop does exactly the SAME JOB for $70. Man, did I feel stupid....

Last edited by Zuffenhausen955; 11-14-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to take car besides Porsche for maintence