Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Sneaker Recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:59 PM
moosehead1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Winter Sneaker Recommendations

Looking around for winter tires to mount up to dedicated 19" winter wheelset for '16 Cayenne GTS.

Our typical jaunt is 50% high speed pavement up I-70 from Denver, then light to heavy snow last half of drive to the ski areas.

We've run Blizzaks, Nokians, Conti DWS on other vehicles but wanted to please get some input from the Cayenne crowd. The Blizzaks wear quickly if used on pavement given soft compounds and heavier vehicles, others may not grip as well in the white stuff.

So whatayalike? Pirelli Scorpions, P-Car NO Spec Dunlops or Michelins, other?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM
moosehead1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks to the helpful input of the board, went with the Nokian Hakka R2's. Ran 'em before on another vehicle, and got thumbs up from many including C&D:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...old-war-page-2

Old 02-12-2017, 11:33 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Looks good. Of course my recommendation would have been to move somewhere where one does not need winter tires, but thats just me.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:17 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
I had a set of 19" Pirelli winter scorpions on my '17 this past winter. Trouble is we didn't have an abundance of snow, so I didn't get to really test them. On the few occasions where there was any the Scorpions were decidedly better than the 20" Eagle LS that came with it. The Pirelli were looser on dry pavement, especially if ambient temp was above 50F. Below that and they really held well. And by 'loose' I mean if I seriously hammered it coming around a corner from dead stop I could get the rear to walk out a bit. On ramp handling and general driving, however, was largely unaffected. Wet traction from a dead stop was good, even above 50F. Braking, likewise.

Not really applicable to your conditions, but I found the factory combo of 19" Scorpions on Sport Classic rims to be effective.

Last edited by wkearney99; 05-01-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:51 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I use Nike year round. Interchange with Adidas.
Both good, and traction perfect too.
Here in Tx, thats all you will ever need

Really, I use Vredestein shoes all year round here. Best tires I used.
From your pics, you likely live on Pluto, so will be hard for me to recommend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.