Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S E-Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 05:03 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne S E-Hybrid

Looking for info on new to us 16 hybrid Cayenne... we're looking at a 16 CPO with 5,600 miles, curious about any nuances, quirks, problems, or major issues with these cars. Anyone on here have one care to share experiences with this platform?

Secondly, are they tunable? Can you get any tunes, mods, or are they strictly to be left alone? I appreciate any feedback anyone might have, or opinions regarding these cars.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:17 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
How long is the battery warrantied for? And what's the cost to replace it?

That's the big question to me. There isn't any market I know of for tuning them, the only reason to buy one is fuel economy, and tuning normally decreases that. Given the complexity of the entire vehicle with interfacing between the electric and gasoline engines, I doubt if anyone has considered tuning one.

I'd also look at resale value..

Old 04-29-2017, 10:05 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deilenberger
How long is the battery warrantied for? And what's the cost to replace it?

That's the big question to me. There isn't any market I know of for tuning them, the only reason to buy one is fuel economy, and tuning normally decreases that. Given the complexity of the entire vehicle with interfacing between the electric and gasoline engines, I doubt if anyone has considered tuning one.

I'd also look at resale value..
Thanks for your input... being a CPO it's warrantied for 5 years. It's actually a "new" car they had as a loaner, that's why it has 5,600 miles on it. We have a 911 TTS that's modded, so we get our fix there. This is a car we'd keep for awhile, so not necessarily worried about resale value. I'll definitely check on batteries though.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The warranty starts when the vehicle went into service as a loaner.. but you're probably right if they CPO'd it- that will give 5 years of warranty.

Just as a thought - this is the sort of vehicle it makes a lot of sense to lease if the numbers aren't silly. Depreciation of a hybrid is usually rather severe by the 5th year or so - just due to the looming cost of battery replacement. A quick search for the battery (PN 958611590BX) turns up prices in the $10-11,000 range, with a $1,900 core charge for the old one.

That's a rather major outlay. When will it be needed? Dunno. The jury is out on the Cayenne battery so far.

Interesting reading:
Facebook Post

(Porsche sometimes really doesn't do themselves any favors by treating customers like crap..)

Last edited by deilenberger; 05-01-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:09 AM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
I have a 2015 SE hybrid and love it. I am at 26k miles w/o a single issue so far and average about 32mpg.

A couple comments on the posts above. The warranty on the battery is 7 years and 8 on the hybrid electronics.

The comment about the fire risk is probably no different than any other hybrid. Plus it looks to be on the 1st generation, this is the second. Haven't heard of any issues from other owners. Hopefully that is a very random case and it appeared to caused by some outside issue dealing with water in the electronics which is never good. Sorry for the guys trouble, but I am sure you can find a couple isolated horror stores for ever car ever made.

Happy to answer any questions, but as I said I am very happy with mine.

Last edited by Robotpedlr; 05-02-2017 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Thank you guys for your input.. they sold the one I was looking at, so now I'm eyeing an "S" that's brand new. Still will keep my eye out for another Hybrid, but if I can get this one I'll opt for it over the Hybrid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.