Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 CTT PCM 3.1 on with black display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 12:13 AM
marinerbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2016 CTT PCM 3.1 on with black display

During an attempt to install carplay kit the screen ribbons were removed few times .
and suspect they got damaged, PCM display went black , removed and re installed the fuse as well as disconnected battery , with no luck. on its own the screen came back alive but with this image quality " pictures here :-

https://1drv.ms/a/s!An-WEK-OymHF-UJzu20eT7EMquS3 " then the screen went black again.
i am waiting for new ribbons but not sure if that would fix the issue

PCM fully functional , tried reset to factory settings but got same image quality, Navigation, source selection and all related steering wheel controls are working fine

Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
There is a test with iCarScan - that lets you turn on and check the green, blue and red displays. It appears your red is working, and perhaps the green. One of the colors is out. Hopefully it's just the ribbon cable and static electricity hasn't fried one of the screen drivers. Resetting the PCM isn't going to do anything - it's an electrical problem, not firmware or software.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:44 PM
marinerbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Solved ... it was the original cable

It was my fault I guess , it was the Porsche original PCM cables that caused this issue when installed back , once the CarPlay kit installed which included another sets of ribbons volaaa , the PCM powered up and worked flwasly
i love this particular CarPlay kit , very stable clear image and after all Apple Music sounds awesome and light years better than the Bluetooth .since I did the tweeter upgrade as well .

with the upcoming IOS 12 we will get native apple at play support for third party apps , for me there will be nomore jailbreaking to get Waze and google maps ,
also Apple working on having its own maps data base which will be far better what it is now being TomTom based I think .