Classic Porsches This forum is for Porsche 356, 914, 912, 924 and others.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1955 Porsche Spyder Replica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Mark Ducati will become famous soon enoughMark Ducati will become famous soon enough
1955 Porsche Spyder Replica

I didn't see a Porsche 550 Spyder forum in the antique section... not sure where to put these photos...

Just got back from camping this weekend in the North Georgia Mountains.. went to the local Gas Station for some TP and Aluminum Foil... met up with a fella driving this:

The owner was motoring around the twisties following his brother who was on a motorcycle... this car passed me before we hit the gas station, I saw them on my **** and slowed to wave them on... absolutely phenomenal sound. When we met up with them at the gas station, he told me the car was a replica, had a 2.something Boxster engine... fiberglass body, light weight, said the car was basically a go-kart with a license plate...

I've seen a lot of Cobra kit cars... but this thing was waaaaaay cooler! Th sound, very unrefined as in not tuned... but something so raw about it was infatuating... watching him pass me and take the curves ahead of me, my oh my is this thing LOW LOW LOW! When we caught up at the station one of my first comments was that he should have a helmet.. but then again, for what? Its soooo LOW that I don't think flipping would be a problem, and if he rolls the thing over one of the mountain slopes, he's got more to worry about than not having a helmet.

None the less... this was one cool car.. I don't know what you can get from the details in the pics... but if he told me that this was indeed one of the last 70 original 1955 spyders, I'd have been none the wiser... very nice car.

Last edited by Mark Ducati; 10-17-2010 at 03:45 PM.